Celebrity crushes you'd forgotten all about

A few weeks ago, TVLand ran a Benson marathon. Catching a few episodes of it, I noticed a woman I hadn’t thought of in twenty years: Caroline McWilliams, for whom I could find no better picture than this cast photo. She played Marcie, the governor’s secretary, and though the show rarely acknowledged it, she had terrific chemistry with Robert Guillaume. (The closest they ever came to mentioning said attraction was in her last episode; she’d just told Benson she was getting married and the two of them were exchanging a friendly hug; the Governor, walking in on the hind end of the conversation, thought Benson & Marcie were planning to wed, and was completely UNsurprised and very pleased at the prospect.)

Anyway–I was astounded that I’d forgotten Caroline M. for so long. She was SUCH a cutie. Not breathtakingly hot, I’ll admit, but lovely and healthy and real. She looked not like a model or obvious sexpot in the manner of Gilligan’s Ginger or WKRP’s Jennifer; she was more a Mary Ann/Bailey type. I had a huge crush on her back in the day.

Anyone have similar experiences of long-forgotten crushes to share?

A Room 222 rerun reminded me of how hot I thought (and still think) Karen Valentine was.

Hmm, a thread asking people what they’ve forgotten may have limited replies.

But, while we’re at it, Caitlin O’Heaney (the original Snow White on The Charmings) was staggeringly cute. It can’t be easy to be that wholesome and sexy at the same time.

I never forgot Judi Bowker.

I’d all but forgotten about the crush I’d had on Jewel Staite back in the late 90s, when she did Space Cases on Nickelodeon, when I saw her in Firefly. Of course, that was mildly rekindled :).

Monte Markham, the Hugh Jackman of the late '60s, early '70s. It wasn’t really an NBC Movie of the Week unless it had Monte Markham and/or Salome Jens!

Y’know, I actually saw a photo from just a coupla years back with the now grown-up Ms. Staite wearing Space Cases makeup. Ah, here it is.

Thought you might like t’see that. :smiley:

Marilyn Hassett, plucky seventies heroine and victim of countless sordid direct-to-video thrillers. Those eyes, those teeth, those, uh, hair.

Where is she now? Incognito. She had the misfortune to play the lead in a crummy adaptation of a Sylvia Plath book. It killed a budding starlet career, and 20 years later she was still getting death threats from angry militant feminists.

Marilyn’s eyes, teeth, hair
Marilyn’s IMDb

My brother-in-law was in town recently, and I suddenly noticed that he looks very much like David McCallum. I had this gynormous crush on David McCallum in the early '60s. I had a scrapbook in which I pasted hundreds of photos and articles. Hadn’t thought about my McCallum obsession in years.

I know that David McCallum is still around, but things have changed. He’s a senior citizen, and I’m no longer an immensely horny adolescent.

Aah, Monte Markham! I had SUCH a crush. Ever seen “Death Takes A Holiday,” the precursor to “Meet Joe Black?” I was in love with death!

I sort of forget that I had/have a crush on Holt McCallany until threads like this come along. David Fincher doesn’t release movies often enough, I guess…

Yes, very much so. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Joanna Cameron–she played The Mighty Isis on TV.

Monday night I watched the repeat of the series premiere of Windfall, and was pleased to be reminded of what a hottie Jason Gedrick is. :smiley:

(But I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since Iron Eagle! :eek: )

Dorothy Hamill, the American figure skater who won gold at the 1976 Olympics. I was all of 13 years old, and I can remember going to bed just aching to be near her. And of course she was the first thing on my mind when I awoke each morning after seeing her the night before…

One does recall fondly Genie Francis, Laura of Luke and Laura from General Hospital. If you were watching in the late 1970’s you know what I mean.

Randolph Mantooth - Johnny Gage on “Emergency!” :smiley:

VCNJ~

Dirk Benedict Yowser. Anything that had Battlestar Galatica on it I was a sucker for. Curse You Tigerbeat!

I’d forgotten all about my childhood, It’s Your Move era crush on Jason Bateman until Arrested Development aired.

Even at 12 I had excellent taste in men!