Cell phone thinks it's charging when it's not

My daughter’s cell phone keeps thinkling it’s charged when it’s not and vice versa. It’s a Sanyo SCP-3200 and the carrier is Sprint. Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Since this is a question about a very specific problem with a very specific piece of hardware, I’d suggest you call Sprint technical support. It could be a firmware issue that they’re aware of; most phones these days are capable of having firmware upgrades done over the the air (OTA). If it’s not a firmware issue, then it’s a hardware one. If that’s the case you should be able to get it repaired or replaced under the warranty–something which, again, Sprint can handle. If the warranty is out, you’re pretty well hosed. The out-of-warranty repair cost on these things is never worth it.

One thing you can try is to remove the battery for a while (couple hours, give or take) and then put it back and power up the phone. Doesn’t always work but sometimes a good, hard power cycle can get things working again.

Thanks, Q. I was hoping to avoid calling Sprint, as I have experienced the hell that is their customer support system previously. :rolleyes: We will try your suggestion and call if we need to.

Been there; no longer a Sprint customer. :smiley: