Census results for cities

They have released state population changes over the last 10 years, but I have yet to hear about city population changes. My guess is that many cities that had been losing numbers to the suburbs, such as Philadelphia, Chicago, or Detroit, will increase in numbers as more people move back into the cities. But I have seen no stats on municipalities. Wassup?

The Census Bureau by law had to release its official state totals by the end of 2000. The more detailed data will be coming out later this year as it is further refined. There is city data, MSA data, ZIP Code data, etc.

I believe the Census Bureau has issued estimates on major cities and given them out as press releases.

The census results are being released on a set timetable. Information down to the Census Tract and Block level will be released during March. That will be the Census 2000 Redistricting Data Summary File

For schedule of release dates see: http://www.census.gov/population/www/censusdata/c2kproducts.html

It’s been a few weeks since the initial new story, so I don’t remember more details, but I’m guessing you might be glad to know, cooldude, that we (Texas) picked up two more seats in the House of Representatives (and, of course, somebody lost them and I can’t remember who that was. NY? CA?).