CFL Week 3 - An Upset - Winnipeg thumps Edmonton, 46-10

Bit of an upset this week:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 46- Edmonton Eskimos 10.

The Esks didn’t score a point in the second half, while Brazzell and Stegall both scored two touchdowns for the Bombers.

Is this just a bump in the road for the Grey Cup champs, or a foreshadowing of bad things to come? Have the Bombers clawed their way back to respectability this season?

The Bombers are more than respectable, but the Eskies have a completely new offensive line that concentrates on keeping Ricky Ray alive. They don’t run block so Davis is ineffective. With no running threat, the defense keys in on the primary receivers causing the Esks give up the coverage sack.

This is the early trend I’ve noticed. The Eskies were lucky to beat Calgary or they’d be winless. This may be the year we finally miss the playoffs. ALL the other teams have improved while the green and gold have taken a step back.

The Bombers played great. Milt could be the best ever in this league. So many receptions with so many different QB’s. What a player. The Bombers are for real.

It seems we never win in the Peg…

It’s the CFL. Funny things can happen. After all, there was a time when the Argos would have won the Grey Cup every year if it was only played in July. By September, they would collapse like a house of cards. Will Winnipeg fulfil the same role this year? Only time will tell.

What surprised me was when I heard the other day that Hamilton had lost three straight. They’re not going to like that in Steeltown.

Hopes for the Stampeders are pretty high around here. They’re building from last year’s good (though not excellent) season, they’ve got decent coaching, and Burris seems to know what he’s doing at QB. And you’ve gotta love the “psychological threat” factor that comes from having a player named Rambo.

I wonder if the CBC will cut Khari.

So let me get this straight: Damon Allen is injured and the Ti-Cats stink. Why the hell couldn’t have both these things have happened when Ottawa was still in the league? A playoff berth might have saved the franchise.

sigh