Changed Title: RIP Tanya Roberts [death now confirmed]

It didn’t seem to make the news services that I read, so maybe some missed it. Tanya Roberts died yesterday at 65, no cause of death given.

I never saw her season of Charlie’s Angels, but I saw Beastmaster about ten times. :slight_smile: It was on cable continuously in the 80s.

One of my favorite Bond girls. May she rest in peace.

Very sad! Tanya was so sexy, especially in “Beastmaster”, and a good actress. She will be missed!

I just watched A View to a Kill last week for the first time in decades. I remembered thinking she was the best-looking Bond girl ever when it came out (but her frequent screams of “James!” got old fast).

I wonder why it’s taking so long for the major celeb sites to report this. She was in so many things that I enjoyed when I was young. Beastmaster, Sheena-- although the first thing I thought of was That 70s Show.

RIP.

Beastmaster.
Sheena.
Hearts and Armour.

dammit.

According to media reports, Roberts collapsed on Dec. 24 while walking her dogs and was admitted to a Los Angeles Hospital. No cause of death has been revealed but a longtime representative for the actress told hollywoodreporter.com that she had not been ill and the death was not COVID-19 related.

Seems like a sudden random thing. Aneurysm or a similar cardiovascular issue similar seems like a possibility.

One of the most attractive people from that generation. Late night cable creates a pretty strong imprint on a teenaged boy. Enjoyed her on That 70s Show too.

For those of us who had to look her up:

Maybe not.

If it’s true she is still alive, it’s probably her greatest performance ever.

Well, she’s still in the ICU in reportedly “dire” condition. Granted, that’s a tiny piece of quite vague information, but it still sounds pretty bad.

Yesterday she was declared dead, they transferred her to a better hospital and her condition was upgraded to alive.

Hmmm…no wonder the MSM doesn’t have anything.

I did check Wikipedia before starting the thread - for whatever that’s worth.

Thank goodness for Doctor Max.

She’s not dead. She’s resting!
She doesn’t want to go on the cart.

I’m sorry if this offends anybody, but Goddammit, that’s FUNNY!

Perhaps she’ll go for a walk…

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Reports of her death have been greatly exaggerated.

She’s mostly alive. And mostly alive is a little dead.

Sheesh - the first time I ever make a RIP thread, and the person isn’t even dead!

Isn’t that how JAQing always works? You gently assert something almost true then everybody else takes both sides of the argument?

IOW: great username / OP combo! Bravo! :wink: