Changed Title: RIP Tanya Roberts [death now confirmed]

Yahoo News is reporting the cause of death as a urinary tract infection. Ouch.

I don’t understand that. Did she not know? Is it possible to have a UTI and not know? I know that’s something that happens in like nursing homes to invalids receiving below-average care, but it sounds like she was out and about.

Just came to report that myself.

Of course, tomorrow it could be a completly different reason. Maybe alien brain eating slugs,

The elderly often suffer confusion secondary to UTIs.

ETA link.

I don’t think the outgoing administration had anything to do with her death.

(But, anything is possible)

" “People don’t die from an uncomplicated UTI,” she explained. “People die from … complications of a UTI, which is called sepsis. That’s when the bacteria that cause a bladder infection actually spreads into the bloodstream. And when it spreads into the bloodstream, it can cause what we call multisystem organ failure, and that can lead to death.”
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, sepsis is the body’s extreme response to an infection. A simple infection can trigger a “chain reaction” in the body, and without treatment, sepsis can lead to tissue damage, organ failure and death.

With UTIs in particular, “the amount of bacteria (can) overwhelm the bladder system, and the bacteria leaves the bladder and enters the blood chain because you have blood vessels that run through your bladder,” Phillips explained."

My new mortal fear.

Geez, RIP girl. You gave me much pleasure.

RIP! There is some perverse irony of her dying shortly after her publicist or similar admits he prematurely declared her dead.