Character from a book you just *SWOON* over

Frances Crawford of Lymond.

Miles Vorkosigan.

Peter Wimsey from Dorothy Sayers’ novels. Intellect, elegance and passion never misses. Swoon

F’nor from Anne McCaffrey’s Pern novels. Not F’lar–he’s too motivated; F’nor has the passion. Shivver

As a girl, the father figures in The Yearling and Lassie Come Home. They were very comforting as they struggled to support their families. Needed that as a kid.

Another vote for Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy–I love it when he suffers. And how can any of us not swoon over Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility, especially as played by Alan Rickman. But it might be an Alan Rickman thing. Tingle.

Drizzt Do’Urden from R.A. Salvatore’s Icewind Dale trilogy.

Another vote for Jamie Fraser.

First and foremost, Legolas Greenleaf of Lord of the Rings!!! (nicely and handsomely played by Orlando Bloom in the movies…) purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the pointy ears make the man… And, if you want him, better be willing to bite the steel of my claymore!..er…well, fine, I won’t kill anyone…OR hurt them without due cause… :frowning:
second would be Kenzie Catfoot of Broken Blade, the 3rd book in the Rune Blade Trilogy… tall kilted man with long red hair and large sword…would look great with pointy ears…
third is Al in Mercedes Lackey’s Wheels of Fire…he’s an elf…of course… though the human Joe in the book ain’t too bad either…

Another vote for Sir John.

I prefer Captain Wentworth to Mr. Darcy, though – although there’s certainly nothing wrong with Mr. Darcy.

Jess

Come on! Has NO ONE mentioned Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings??? I mean, he’s sweet, kind, shy…and I love a man that can cook ::moan::

Anyway, he’s my favorite character from the books (and the true hero, might I add), but from the movies, it’s Pippin all the way…::swoon:: it’s the accent and the bouncy curls.

~Ferry

Pervy hobbit fancier!

indeed. when he confesses his love for lucy…spectacular

I’ll second Peter Wimsey. Whenever I read “Gaudy Night” I fall in love with him all over again.

And I’d have a fling with Jack Aubrey, I think. Not Stephen Maturin – too cold. But Jack – yes, I think so.

Yes, yes I am. Proud of it, too! ::shows off PHF button::

~Ferry

I’ve always wanted to change Nero Wolfe’s mind about women…does that count? To be able to make him like me, or at least my brain would be very exciting.
I like the little used character of Mooney, I think he’s Lt. without checking, he’s a cop in Linda Barnes’ mysteries…

Angua.

Man, what a bitch!

:smiley:

spraying Scent-no-More behind me and running for a place to hide…

So…she’s a dog! :smiley:

Yup, it’s definitely Jamie Fraser. I’d be his sassenach anyday.

Gus McRae is a close second.

Jamie Fraser - without a doubt.

**McJohn ** - Rena is a helluva woman all right! But if we’re talking L&R then I’m going to have to go with Hopey’s brother Joey (long dark hair, something of a jerk).
Add to that Adamus from Tanith Lee’s Dark Dance (very long dark hair, a total jerk), Simon De Montfort as portrayed by Sharon Kay Penman (long dark hair, something of a jerk) and Marcus Didius Falco (probably not very long but still dark hair and uhh…kind of a jerk)…and I’m beginning to realize that I have crap taste in literary figures! That does it - years of therapy starting Monday.

Oh, hands down it’s Heathcliff…

…and I thought I was the only one to fall hopelessly “in love” with a fictional character!

[sub]Mr. Darcy is a close second![/sub]

Yep…definitely droolworthy.