Cheap RC car advice

I’m having a party soon and I thought it would be fun to have a little remote control car race. I’d like to buy 4 cars, use them for that event, and then donate them to toys-for-tots or something. So my question is: what’s a reasonably cheap RC car that is fast and dynamic enough that it will be fun to race? And it needs to be set up so that if I buy 4 of it, they won’t interfere with each other’s signals.
Any advice?
Thanks

I seem to recall that most cheap RC toys use either one of two frequencies. You may not be able to use four cars.

It should say on the box what the frequency is, so you can go to a store and check if you can get 4 different frequencies. However you may run into the problem that cornflakes talked about and have trouble finding four cars with different frequencies. If you want numerous variable frequencies you’d probably have to buy a kit RC car from a magazine and buy the controller seperate, and that is too much of a hassle.

Not to mention expensive.

You can get ZipZaps SE from Radio Shack for $25. Full proportional control, and they are available in 6 frequencies (make sure they are the SE model. Standard Zipzaps are not proportional and are only available in 2 frequencies).

These things are pretty cool. They’re about the size of a Hot Wheels car. They have a little rechargable battery, and are small enough that you can set up a race course on your kitchen floor or even on a large table.

Max, I found something at Toys R Us that you could use. It’s a 1/10 scale New Bright Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Rockcrawler that operates at 49 mHz but has a four-band selector that allows four vehicles to be in the same area on slightly different frequencies. They’re $60.