Check in here (if you like) if you have (or have pending) your stimulus check

I finally got that message this morning, too. We’ll see.

Same here. The IRS site tells me that I will receive the deposit this Wednesday, May 6.

Also exciting for me, I have finally received the refunds for the vacation we were supposed to have taken a couple of weeks ago, both the airline tickets and one prepaid hotel. Who knows when we’ll be able to go on a flying-type vacation again. My credit card has a negative balance now.

My mom’s is supposed to be deposited on May 6th as well, according to the IRS website.

Received on the 30th of April

Just a warning to everyone. I received a text message that is an obvious phishing attempt. I don’t think anyone here would fall for it, but just in case.

The link was of course a string of random characters which I did not click on. No doubt it would display a page asking for information that would allow them to commit some theft such as redirecring my payment.
If you get such a message ignore it and DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!

Received in the mail today, May 4. On the site it said it would be mailed out May 1. [I gave up on checking the site as I kept getting error messages, so when I finally rechecked again it was apparently too late to enter the deposit information.]

The government takes a lot of flack so I’ll give them their due. When the program was announced I hadn’t filed my 2019 taxes, and I couldn’t get on the web site to update my banking info in a week of trying. I filed my taxes and within a couple of weeks an e-mail saying my refund was coming on Thursday, my stimulus check on Friday, both to my current checking account without me having to do anything. I was really expecting a long delay for a paper check at this point, figuring I’d missed the window to update the info.

I still haven’t received my stimulus check but I did get a nice gift from President Donald J. Trump. He sent me a check for $1200! His names right there at the bottom. I think that’s so cool of him!

I have never cared for him as POTUS–he’s an incurious, evil, fuckhead–but now out of the blue he sends me a check. Maybe I should vote for him???

I get my Social Security by direct deposit, but my stimulus arrived today as a paper check via USPS.

So they’re apparently not getting it from Social Security in all cases; or else they’re ignoring it in some cases. Anyway, I’ve got a check; which I’ll proceed to mail to the account they could have deposited it directly in. Luckily, while I need the money, I don’t need it right away.

My wife and I got ours several weeks ago. We were really surprised to receive them, as we’re now living in Canada (we’re still US residents, but living and working up here in the frozen north). I really didn’t think we’d get the checks.

The $1,200 just landed in my checking account. :slight_smile: I guess I still have to look forward to the letter from Dear Leader. What shall I do with mine? I know: I’ll tear it in pieces and every day when I walk Sweetie, I’ll put a scrap of it in her poop bag. Starting with the signature. That’s appropriate, don’t you think?

A quick google search tells me that lots of people are getting these. The check even has “DECD” next to her name. Similar to this image. I closed all of my mother’s bank accounts well over a year ago.

Apparently, there’s no guidance from the IRS, the Treasury Department, or the Great Orange Nincompoop about what to do with it or how to return it. Trump did make a vague statement, “Oh, we’ll get that [money] back.”

Any other dead people in your life get them? Will the gummint notice if I deposit it in my account? What do you plan to do?

ETA: I filed a tax return for her for 2018, the year she died (in March), but obviously not one for 2019. Who the fuck is running this show anyway? (Never mind.)

Maybe they figure you can take it with you.

I just got it yesterday. I got my Trump autographed horseshit campaign flyer last week.

I just deposited it in my savings account. My tax preparer said to endorse it: “ThelmaLou Fife, executor for Mary Lou Fife.” I did a mobile deposit on my phone, and it just slid into the account without a splash.

The upshot of what I read about this is that if the IRS sends you money and it’s their mistake, you can keep it. No cite for this. But if I do get a notice or something down the line, I can still send it back.

My payment was deposited overnight.

Ours too. Hallelujah! It saves us from having to transfer money from savings to pay the bills this month.

We got it. Ended up being $1900. I was expecting more than that, since we have two dependents.

I’m not getting the stimulus at all, but I was checking online for my daughter and the IRS FAQ at the Get My Payment page answers a lot of this.

My daughter is getting hers direct deposited because she filed taxes in 2019 (and/ or 2018).
The letter is for “security and to comply with the law” or something. Maybe it’s like the separate letters I get to tell me about replacement credit cards.
If someone is deceased or has closed the listed bank account for whatever reason, the bank will block the direct deposit and notify IRS. I don’t remember what it said about checks.
The website is hard to get into to look up status. Other areas are apparently OK.
Permutations of citizenship status, residency status, and etc. are covered.