Check in here (if you like) if you have (or have pending) your stimulus check

My mom’s was direct deposited this morning.

The website just returned a result, after weeks of not matching my info.

"We scheduled your check to be mailed on April 24, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment."

Fair enough, but I wonder what was going on that they couldn’t tell me that back on the 24th. shrug Maybe my 2019 (paper) return was still being processed.

Nothing yet.

My son got his about a week ago.

My daughter will not get one, as she was a dependent on our tax return last year.

We will NOT be getting one - which is fine by us, as we both have jobs.

Redacted - on second thought, might be considered a political shot.

Still not received.

Got ours.

Arrived in the mail (in Canada). Deposited online to my US credit union: pausing to be grateful for technology.

I’d be more grateful if I could have logged on to the IRS site and given them my direct deposit info. I finally figured it out—they wanted the first 5 / 6 of my Canadian post code (so A1A1A rather than the actual A1A 1A1), but by the time I managed to guess their system, it had already been mailed.

Interesting, I didn’t know they were sending it to overseas US residents.

I assume they just forgot to exclude us. But we’re on the hook for taxes, so I suppose we might as well get the stimulus! I’m spending 100% of mine in the USA, anyway (paying off debt).

I was able to log in to the IRS site, and was informed that my check had been sent in early May. But a fat lot of good that does me. I get my mail here in Panama at the Smithsonian offices, which is currently closed so I can’t pick it up. Even when we do re-open, I’ll have to send the check to the US for deposit somehow.

I was hoping that somehow they might deposit it in the bank account where by Social Security payments are deposited, but I don’t think IRS and Social Security coordinate much.

Allegedly they’re mailing mine tomorrow.

I got the letter from Dear Leader today. Addressed to my “DECD” mother (she died two years ago). I plan to tear it up in pieces and put a piece in each poop bag when I pick up my doggie’s poop. :slight_smile:

Our (small) stimulus check has appeared in our account. Our small business application appears to be lost in the ether.

Apparently getting his signature on the paper check they sent me isn’t enough. I now also have a letter, paid for no doubt with taxpayers’ money.

The letterhead inside says ‘The White House’, but it arrived in an envelope claiming to be from the IRS, possibly in order to make people open the thing. Doesn’t everybody just love getting unexpected mail from the IRS?

It claims “Our top priority is your health and safety” and contonues “As we wage total war on this invisible enemy”. News to me. As near as I can tell Trump is trying his best to risk my health and safety by attempting to declare that no such war is necessary.

I’m tempted to write on it “Pelosi made you do it, don’t you think we know that?” and mail it back (to the White House, not the IRS), but I’m entirely sure nobody beyond the mail room would read it, so think I’ll just toss it in the wood stove instead.

Still unable to get a status. Federal retiree who filed 2018 and 2019 tax returns but had to pay both years so presumably the IRS will need to get my direct deposit info from OPM. No letter yet from the Cheetoh-in-Chief.

Received the letter confirming that that the check/debit card has been mailed. Which was supposedly sent 15 days after the check/debit card.

Haven’t received the money. Nothing in the bank account.

And it seems that the I.R.S. cannot handle addresses with more than 3 lines. So the local post office had to add our street address.

From the I.R.S.:
Names
Town and postal code
Country

Probably the debit/credit card went to Sweden. It’s the same, right? I’ll wait two more weeks (there are two letters from my mother which are currently in transit) and then fight with the system. Grr.

Bumping the thread a bit:

With regards to the upcoming $1,400 stimulus checks (which Biden and the D’s may approve by mid-March,) does it make any difference whether one has filed one’s taxes for this year yet (for last year’s income, that is,) as long as one is under the $75,000 threshold regardless?

Maybe I’m missing something, but what does this thread have to do with the pandemic???

Looks like you should be fine, as they have in the past been willing to go back a year or two.
Check back on that page, I’d say, when it gets updated. Or, just go ahead and do your taxes for 2020; if you get 'em done soonish, you may just beat the whole kerfuffle.