Chocolate ice cream and peanut butter

Would you eat it in a house? Would you eat it with a mouse?

It’s freaking awesome. And I may have invented it, for all I know. Anyone else ever experience this flavor sensation?

ETA: Sorry, here’s a recipe.

1. Acquire a bowl and spoon and chocolate ice cream and peanut butter.

2. Use the spoon to put chocolate ice cream and peanut butter in the bowl (in that order–why is left as an exercise for the reader).

3. Enjoy!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

I believe Edy’s makes it too. Oh, and so does Ben and Jerry’s. And various generics. Sorry, dude. :wink:

(Yes, it’s one of my favorite flavors.)
When I was little, my dad would make me sundaes by heating chocolate syrup and peanut butter in the microwave. Now THAT is good. (Haven’t done that in years)

Objection!! They have the peanut butter all swirled up in the ice cream, and the peanut butter has obviously been sitting in the freezer inside the ice cream.

What I’m talking about is completely different–a glop of room temperature peanut butter in a bowl with ice cream.

I like putting peanut butter in ice cream too. Also, I need pretzels for my ice cream now. I crush them up and mix them in. I can’t even eat ice cream without pretzels in it anymore. It’s like an indispensable part of the ice cream eating experience for me. Ice cream without pretzels is like a sky without stars.

I am not as big of fan of peanut butter cup ice cream. I can just plop a peanut butter cup in my ice cream, myself.

I like the kind of chocolate ice cream with peanut butter stirred into it

It’s better if you put the peanut butter in the microwave and melt it a bit, then pour it over the chocolate ice cream.

I’m sure that’s fantastic. I may try it tomorrow.

Joe

I like peanut butter ice cream, and I love the Peanut Butter Nation ice cream (I suppose the Hood Red Sox line is local, though) with its ribbons of peanut butter swirled through, and I like peanut butter cup ice cream as long as it’s not Edy’s, but the thought of putting real peanut butter into my ice cream seems kind of icky.

Nutella is also good in some ice creams.

It’s funny. I don’t particularly care much for peanut butter. Yet my favorite candy bar of the moment is those Take5 bars. A key ingredient of which is peanut butter. So apparently it’s acceptable to me in small quantities. I dunno.

cuauhtemoc/Snickers…have you tried Ben & Jerry’s “Chubby Hubby” (now called “Hubby Hubby” in support of same sex marriage)?

I adore Publix and they make good generic brands, but their peanut butter swirled chocolate ice cream was downright disgusting. Even the kids wouldn’t eat it.

Peanut butter and vanilla ice cream also works, but it’s not as good as peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.
I’ve been doing that since I was a wee child.

Yeah, but I like it better when I add the pretzels myself. They lose their crunchiness in the carton.

Had it as the snack at a Den meeting some forty-five years ago. One of the members’ older sister came in to get a snack too, and the Den Mother allowed her to have one.

I still remember her shriek when she found the peanut butter in her chocolate ice cream…

I’m particularly fond of Haagen Daaz (sp?) Chocolate Peanut Butter. As in, I never buy it anymore because I can’t stop eating the whole pint if it’s in the house. That icy, salty peanut butter swirl in the middle of the dark chocolate creaminess . . . well, let’s just say I wouldn’t want to have to choose between it and my loved ones.

I frequently add peanut butter to my chocolate ice cream. Trader Joe’s $1.79 PB in a jar contains only peanuts and salt, and is loose and gooey enough to pour over ice cream without heating.

Oh, I just thought of another one: a Friendly’s sundae made with peanut butter topping and Forbidden Chocolate ice cream.

signed,
Finchie, aka chocolate ice cream/peanut butter whore

That’s why you take the ice cream and add extra peanut butter to it. Some whipped cream. Extra hot fudge perhaps…damnit now I’m hungry.

There are two “sweet” flavor combos that are food of the gods:

Pineapple/coconut and peanut butter/chocolate.

Yup…had a Friendly’s Reese’s PB Cup sundae last weekend with Forbidden Chocolate (FC ice cream, hot fudge, peanut butter sauce). Yum.

One of my faves! Tis good!