Do They Make Chocolate and Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Here is what I was thinking chocolate ice cream with peanut butter in it. Kind of like peanut butter swirls, like they have caramel swirls.

Now I have seen chocolate ice cream that has peanut butter cups in it, but that isn’t what I mean. I went to four different stores and two ice cream shops and they didn’t have that. All they have is basically chocolate ice creams with peanut butter cups broken and mixed into it.

(Damn did it again, wrong forum. I’ll ask the mod to move it. My apologies)

Moving from IMHO to Cafe Society at OP request.

Do you have a Cold Stone or Marble Slab ice cream store near you? (These are ice cream store chains that mix stuff into ice cream.) If so, visit one and ask them to make it for you.

The Friendlys peanut butter cup ice cream thingies have peanut butter ice cream and peanut butter sauce along with the cups.

Have you ever tried heating up peanut butter and pouring it over chocolate ice cream?
You might like that… oh, you might like it a lot…

They do make such a thing, it’s one of my favorites. Here’s one example: Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter

…and another: Baskin-Robbins Peanut Butter 'n Chocolate Ice Cream

You may be having trouble finding any right now, though, due to the peanut butter recall due to contamination by Salmonella. Jars of peanut butter are safe, but many peanut-butter containing products like ice cream have been recalled and taken off of shelves in stores.

One of my favorite Ice Creams- and has been for decades.
Yum.

Shouldn’t be too hard to find- supermarket, drug store, anyplace that has Haagen-Dazs and stocks more than three or four flavors usually has it.

Wait for the chocolate, peanut butter, and salmonella craze to pass. Then go for it.

Publix makes it, or at least they did. Usually their store brand is wonderful, but that flavor was actually so repulsive even the kids wouldn’t eat it. I emailed Publix and they sent me some coupons for ice cream. :slight_smile:

It was something about the peanut butter itself. Just didn’t taste right at all (and this was over a year ago, so not salmonella).

Wouldn’t it be easy to make using chocolate ice cream and peanut butter? I only ask because my kids and I used to make non-existent ice creams all the time when they were young. Some of them are now available.

Edy’s used to make one that is exactly what the OP is describing, chocolate ice cream with peanut-butter swirls in it. I worked in an ice-cream shop about five years ago, and it was our top seller for adults. After a quick check of the Edy’s website, I don’t know if they make it any more, though.

Don’t know where the OP is located. Around these parts we have a regional brand called Turkey Hill. They make a chocolate ice cream with peanut butter ribbons to die for.

^^ Exactly what I came in to recommend. If it wasn’t bitter cold here, I’d be checking my grocers freezer for it this week. I’ve been jonezing for it for a while now.

Oberweis in Chicago has a version that is awesome. Too bad I don’t like his politics!

The Baskin Robbins peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavors.

Damn, now I have to get some on my lunch hour.

I need to look for it. Since Baskin-Robbins closed, I haven’t found anything close.

Robin

Putting chocolate in your peanut butter? What is this world coming to?

I recently ran across and tried Amish Peanut Butter for the first time. It is really good and I’m sure would go really good over chocolate ice cream. Its qualities might even make it good as a swirl to add to stor bought ice cream- maybe mix it into slightly melted ice cream and refreeze. (Then again I’m not sure if it will freeze… so maybe not).

Normally it is drizzled on fresh bread and eaten that way- and it is really, really, good I do attest- but it reminds me of the Peanut butter syrup you would get on a sundae or mixed into a shake at a good Dairy Queen.

Peanut butter and Marshmallow fluff… what’s not to like? The first recipe is the standard one that I see everywhere. But the second recipe matches more closely what I believe I ate, I could definitely taste brown sugar in there.

Amish Peanut Butter 1

“This is a tasty peanut butter spread, sometimes known as ‘church spread’ that is common among the Amish and Mennonite communities. Great on bread, bananas, ice cream, etc.”

* 1 cup light corn syrup
* 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
* 1/4 cup marshmallow creme

DIRECTIONS

1. In a bowl, mix corn syrup, peanut butter and marshmallow creme until thoroughly combined. Store in an air-tight container.
    Amish Peanut Butter 2
    2 1/2 C brown sugar
    1 1/4 C water
    1/4 C corn syrup

Boil 10-15 minutes. Cool off then add 3/4 quart of marshmallow cream and 20 ounces peanut butter.

When I worked at Ben & Jerry’s a couple years back, we had Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl (introduced along with three other flavors as a special promotion), which was pretty much what you describe and absolutely fucking incredible.

I was sad to learn, when I just googled it, that it was retired shortly after I stopped working there and was never available for purchase in stores, only in scoop shops.

Yea, Edy’s does make a Peanut Butter Cup Ice cream with a peanut butter swirl. It’s very good.

My favorite ice cream of all time is exactly what the OP describes and you can only get it at Baskin Robbins, as far as I know.