Citizen Trump (et al.)

In the category of life imitating art, we have Carl Hiaasen’s recent novel “Squeeze Me” where something of this nature is central to the plot (trying to avoid spoilers).

I recommend it to anyone who likes this thread.

I second “Squeeze Me”, Hiassen’s best effort ever - WAY over the top, and no wondering who he’s actually talking about.

It’s Florida, Jake.

Dan

I wonder if Hiaasen was aware of this thread:

Here’s some news:

Note that David Pecker is not a party to this settlement:

Awwwwwwww; no on cares, Donny. You’re a has-been. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Savor this, folks: “Fox News Channel did not carry the speech by the former president beloved by many of its viewers.

You made my day and gave me some hope for the future!

The stupid; it burns!

How does he think that banning Twitter would have helped him? How would he use Twitter if he had had it shut down? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Considering that he banned TikTok, and my son sends me a dozen TT videos a day to ignore, I think banning Twitter would have increased its usage.

“But Zuckerberg kept calling me and coming to the White House for dinner telling me how great I was,” is just so wonderful in its telling stupidity.

If Trump can’t have Twitter, then nobody can!

When I read the Trump statement, my first thought was about how Warren Jeffs, ( the incarcerated prophet of the notorious FLDS polygamy cult), has forbidden his followers to have any physical or sexual contact with anyone, including their spouses, for the duration of his incarceration.

Jeff’s prison sentence is life + 40 years, yet his followers believe he’s being released any day……as long as they behave. Therefore, if his miraculous release doesn’t occur, it’s because his followers weren’t obedient enough.

Because if the cult leader can’t have it, no one can!

I really do wish he’d get his followers to boycott Twitter and Facebook, it would be nice if they, like a miracle, disappeared. But that won’t happen, at least not for another two weeks, after Mike Lindell’s free speech platform goes live and drives Twitter and Facebook out of business.

I was reading about that big multi-national raid and it occurred to me that the app that the FBI created is probably not going to be used by criminals anymore (I know a lot of criminals are dumb, but they’re not that dumb). I think it should be repurposed as a social media platform for conservatives. The conservatives get a platform that actually works (unlike the crap they keep rolling out) and, as a bonus, the FBI gets to keep tabs on domestic terrorists (yes, they are that dumb, they’re Qonservatives).

[Mr. Burns’ voice]
An excellent plan, Smithers. Excellent!
[/Mr. Burns’ voice]

As an added lure, tell them that the device is tax-free.

This would be a good thing if his followers are really that obedient. It would mean his cult, failing to produce any new generations for many years, would die out.

ETA: This could qualify for a Mass Darwin Award.

I think the Jonestown massacre has a lock on that.

There was a story some years ago regards Jeffs’ FLDS cult members. Something about the “lost boys”.

Being polygamous, the cult had a natural surplus of young males, so there was a tendency to expel any young male who stepped a millimeter out of line. The problem, of course, was that the cult pounded into its members heads that out there was evil and satanic. So now these boys are cast out into the evil out-there, where they have to either off themselves or try to figure out how to not go insane in this place where they believe they do not belong.

In a way, I see a similarity with MAGAts. Their conquering hero has been dethroned. Their time in the sun now looks to them like getting on toward dusk. Four years of chest beating might not seem like a lot, but the withdrawal shock, grief and sense of confusion must be all but crippling to them.

Our visceral instinct is to punish them, to get even with them for four years of megaclusterfuck. But that really accomplishes nothing, because they are still here and are not going away. They need rehab of some sort. I just wish I could figure out how that might work.

Conventional wisdom* holds that they have to hit bottom first. And the last five-plus years (including the campaign and the post-interregnum) have clearly demonstrated that with a majority of these people, it’s whackadoodle all the way down.

* Yes, I know that “wisdom” has no place when discussing the MAGAsses.

Yeah, they’d be driven down to Phoenix metro, given ten bucks, and told to get out of the car and start walking.

Bastards.

For those (such as myself) who want more detail here’s a link to the story.