Clown Eggs

Are clown faces registered by painting them on eggs?Great question, great response. It sounds like you had a lot of fun researching this report Dex. BTW, there is a typo in the second-last para: out/ our.

“eggs-act?”
“eggs-pert?”

C’mon, Dex, get ova yourself.
:smiley:
RR

Didn’t I see that sweeping-the-spotlight act somewhere else as well? I have a faint memory of seeing it years ago on TV, maybe Red Skelton or even Carol Burnett. In any case, it’s a great bit.

They did the sweeping the spotlight bit on an episode of Mr. Show, first or second season (can’t remember which, but it’s on the DVD).

Great report, Dex. It did its small part in helping to chip away at the suffocating fear of clowns that causes me to wake up in the middle of the night screaming.

Fantastic staff report, Dex. The lengthy detailing of your research at the end was a blast to read.

I like clowns, always have.

I miss Red Skelton.

Good night, and God bless, Red.
RR

The Avengers once did an episode concerning clowns in which Steed visited the clown face egg collection. Rows and rows of shelves with eggs carefully stacked on them. Naturally they were destroyed by the big final fight finish.

I think this was in the Tara King era, LOOK - (stop me if you’ve heard this one) BUT THERE WERE THESE TWO FELLERS…

Typo will be corrected, thanks, Hawthorne.

And thanks for the comments, guys. I did indeed have a blast researching and writing it, way different from the usual research.

The eggs-spurt in the Avengers episode is John Cleese. An okay Tara outing, but this was a great bit. http://theavengers.tv/forever/king-10vr.htm , among others.

Here I thought Terry Pratchett was joking when he made the egg collection part of one of Ankh-Morpork’s guilds. The things you learn here.

Great report. I especially enjoyed your visit to the museum.