Cocktails

The Hurricane:

Bacardi Limon and cranberry juice with a twist of lemon thrown in for good measure. Mmmmm Mmmmmm. Trust me, try it, you’ll like it. I’ve actually made this drink for a few non-drinkers, and even they liked it!

The cranberry and the lemon combine to provide a flavor that enhances the rum taste perfectly, making it very mild as far as mixed drinks go.

But, 'tis the season to be jolly! So break out the egg nogg and some good rum like Bacardi Select or Reserve, or even some Captain Morgans. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with whipped cream. Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry, cravings are kickin’ in!

• G&T: good gin w/ lots of tonic and twist
  • scotch and soda/water: okay, Scotch purists wither, but it’s still wonderful
  • the classic Martini: never faded, often duplicated; dry w/ good gin but the vermouth is the necessary but often disdaineed undertone; up w/ a twist, if the lemon peel is sprayed over the rim and liquid; or an olive at any time.
  • Bloody Mary: good tomato juice (V8 preferred), shaken w/ ice, then touched w/ lime juice, Worchestershire, Tabasco, the faintest whisper of celery and garlic salt and served forth.
  • a classic pina colada: island coconut and pineapple juice and lashings of smooth, resonant island rum.
  • gimlet: gin or vodka, Rose’s lime juice, a bit of confectioner’s sugar and sit back and enjoy.

Veb

I have nothing to add since I see gimlets and rusty nails here already.

“There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.”
~P.J. O’Rourke~

LOL, AuraSeer – that’s disgusting! All it needs is a Circus Peanut on a swizzle stick!

“There’s a snake in my boot!”

Mojito

Hey, if “Papa” liked 'em they can’t be all bad!

3 Mint , fresh sprigs
2 tsp Sugar
3 tblsp Lemon juice (or lime), fresh
1 1/2 oz Light rum
Club soda , Chilled

Crush a little of the mint in the glass and mix the sugar and juice; add the rum, ice, and top with soda.

Single malt whiskey & a glass.

But the glass is optional.

The best lack all conviction
The worst are full of passionate intensity.