College football fans: how's your team look?

Keeping the faith with you, peekercpa. We have McCoy with the Browns now! So he’s going to have to learn to lose! :stuck_out_tongue:

We all must have our dreams, Bob.

Nebraska Huskers are a solid lock for the Big 12 North championship. This being our last year in the conference though means everybody and their little brother is going to be gunning for us. I’m just glad we’re facing Texas in Memorial Stadium.

Welcome to the Big Ten, Huskers! How do you feel about joining? I look forward to playing you in football. I REALLY look forward to playing you in basketball.

Boomer!!! OK, now the next poster is supposed to say: “Sooner!”

Sooners are looking good. We’re a preseason top 5; but with GA and Florida up there too, I’m not sure how much sense that makes.

QB Landry Jones has a year under his belt; and didn’t do too bad as a redshirt freshman. If DeMarco Murray can stay healthy he should have a good year at running back. I can’t wait. I love college sports.

I’m completely stoked about it. I can certainly see why Harvey Perlman feels that this is our best chance for some national recognition. From my personal perspective, it does give me the challenge of getting used to an entirely new tailgating atmosphere. I’ve had my ‘Big 12’ menu set for years with grilled rib-eye sandwiches (with sauteed onion, mushroom and peppers on request), hot dogs and chili-dogs for the kids, Frito-pie, coleslaw and my specialty, breaded, deep fried bread-and-butter pickles. Now I’ve got to stop thinking like a plainsman and get used to a whole new, northern midwest, rust belt kind of thing. Sure, bratwurst are a never-fail crowd pleaser but if I can’t do better than that then I might as well stay home. Polite menu suggestions welcomed.

Unfortunately I am nowhere near Nashville. Otherwise I would happily hook you up.

And, of course, I don’t want to be subject to stop and search by law enforcement for walking down the street in a Felony State hat… :smiley:

Nope. Bring what you’ve got. Mix it around.

Bring whatever you like. When it’s time to party with Sparty, let me know where to find your table.

I’ve got a sister and bro-in-law that live in Lansing. First game, I’m there!

You do realize that you have us going into the Florida game undefeated. I don’t think that’s going to happen.

If it does, I’ll be turning cartwheels down I-75 Halloween weekend.

Dude, that’s so 90’s. These days our arrests don’t even make Sportscenter.

RE: Your location. Dammit. The only good Vandy hats I can find online have ridiculous shipping. Anybody out there in Vandy-land? I will trade a good FSU or UF hat.

While I’m at it, ditto for NorthWestern (but we’ll have to talk first, 'cause DAMN, does NW have some fugly hats).

But with USC on suspension, maybe one of us will make it to the Rose Bowl!

My beloved Stanford Cardinal has a decent QB coming back, not sure if our defense has been found yet or if they are still somewhere down in the stacks at Green library.

Texas Tech looks like they’ll end up pretty “meh”. Head coach Mike Leach was fired under squirrelly circumstances in December, and the mutinous grumblings continue. The new coach has revealed that he’s sticking with Taylor Potts for QB. Potts is quite decent and has flashes of greatness, but second-stringer Steven Sheffield is a crowd favorite who often outshines Potts on the field, so that’s going to lead to more fan grumbling. Our schedule this year is sorta weak, so we’ll have wins, but probably few against quality opponents (who the hell is Weber State? Anyone?).

Was it really only two years ago that Tech was on TV seemingly every week and went 11-1, including that nail-biter last-second victory over UT? sigh…

I feel your pain.

And UNC adds academic problems to their existing agent-related issues. Southern football appears to be trying their damndest to implode.

Thank god this is the last crappy boring Saturday. :slight_smile:

My Jayhawks are coming off a bad season, and got a new coach. And not the one I wanted :slight_smile: We’ll see. I’m not that optimistic.

My next 2 seasons have been reduced to rooting against notre dame, the SEC and for Boise St!

Not much to look forward too actually. Might get some work done around the house this fall or some good camping in before ski season.

Jacory Harris update:

236 yards, 1 TD, 4 interceptions, 5.9 yards per attempt, failure to cover point spread in loss to Ohio State. Heisman talk subdued for now.

U of M looks pretty good. They beat ND . They really need a kicker. Denard looks pretty good too. Passed for 250 yards and ran for 250, nice balance.