College football fans: how's your team look?

Last I saw, 'bama was kicking our butt!

Michigan looked REALLY good when they were up against the 2nd and 3rd string QBs. Their secondary looked terrible against Crist. Denard was pretty amazing - he put up some huge numbers while still being mostly contained during the 2nd half. Even without ripping off that 80 yard run, his numbers and performance were impressive. Would have loved to see a full game with Crist under center, though…

I’m glad the Badgers scheduled San Jose State for this weekend instead of a better quality California college team, like say, UC-Davis or Cal-Poly. Considering this game a preseason one. Hope they look tighter against Arizona State next week.

Also, I’m not sure where SJS found their coach, but he looks entertaining! Sort of a Jerry Glanville in training.

While USC suffers with their sanctions, they still are winning. An added bonus is being able to watch UCLA suck mightily.

Hey, I’ll take that as a compliment. I’m actually not sure we’ll even do that well against San Jose State.
I think our schedule relative to our level is moderately tough. Except for Cal and S. Alabama, we could win or lose any of those games. I’m hoping for at least 6 wins, with Sac State being a necessity (and a likely one in my opinion).

I don’t know if you knew this, but both schools you mentioned (UCD & Cal-Poly) just got admitted to the Big Sky (when exactly is unknown).

Roll Tide!

Geez, if Wisonconsin could stop fumbling the ball they might actually blow away a team.

The USC Gamecocks (not to be confused with the USC Trojans at the other end of the continent) are off to a 2-0 start after wins over Southern Miss and Georgia.

And ranked in the mid-teens in the polls, which is really quite absurd at this point. The Gamecocks have a long history of winning a few games early, including a ranked opponent or two, then crashing and burning in the second half of the season. So we’ll see how this season turns out, but I’d be surprised if they’re ranked this high two months from now.

Michigan will be exciting to watch. If you like sports entertainment, you can’t do any better.

Yeah, maybe this will be our year to win 2 of our last 4 games!

Hogs trounce Hapless St., 31-7. 1st real game next week against Georgia. That the Bulldogs were painfully impaled by the Cocks is bad news, as they’ll be pissed, looking for revenge and playing at home.

So far, 104 - 10

Lookin’ good.

I knew there was another Golden Bear around here!

I like the way our schedule is set up. Div I-AA at home: pounded. Check. Horrible, but BCS team at home: pounded, check. Mediocre non-AQ road game…coming up.

But we won’t really know anything until game #4, when we get a better-than-average conference foe (Arizona) on the road.

Rutgers is 2-0 but have looked pretty weak so far. Their O-line is porous and their sophomore QB has not played terribly well so far. They’ve beaten 2 cupcakes (Norfolk and FIU) and will likely get trounced at home vs. UNC after this week’s bye.

Bama looked like national champions…and far more importantly, SEC Champions, against Penn State. They’ve got another outstanding RB in Richardson, defense is stout and will improve.

Mississippi State lost to Auburn, but played em tough. Still weak at QB, but the defense is good enough to keep them in games.

Yep. Michigan look good offensively through 2 weeks. Several Writers are ready to give Denard the Heisman already. But we still have the same problem I said at the beginning. No secondary. We have the offensive talent to outscore the bad to average teams. And on the right day day enough to outscore the good teams(particularly if their QB drop like potato sacks). But we won’t stand a chance against a great team with a great thrower and catcher, unless we win 72-70.

But still we look like a good bet to start 5-0. And that should catapult us to around 8 wins given the tides of fortune in a big ten season.

OSU dominated their first game. Kendall Hunter is a beast, and he can succeed as a rusher in the air raid if this keeps up.

The second game was abysmal. Though Troy is a damn good non-AQ school. A step below Boise or TCU, but they’re still scary, as many schools can attest. I know the QB has a thumb injury, but we fumbled a kneel down with a minute to go. AND LOST IT!!! I nearly killed myself right there in the front row. Thank god the defense stepped up and forced a turnover. And then we did a shotgun victory formation.

Ah well. Not on TV, some lessons learned, and we’re still rolling along ready to upset some people.

I knew this was a rebulding year for Texas, but now think my initial 9-3 prediction may have been generous. They’ve looked awful so far, against weak competititon.

Other teams already get pumped up for Texas, and now they’ll smell blood in the water. Unless Gale Gilbert shows tremendous improvement quickly, I’m inclined to downgrade my earlier “9-3 and a trip to the Holiday Bowl” prediction to “7-5 and a trip to the Alamo Bowl.”

As for Notre Dame… I’m pleasantly surprised. I didn’t expect them to be great, and they won’t be. But their defense has actually been quite respectable for a change. They’re a LONG way from being “back,” no matter how we define “back.” But they won’t be embarrassing this season.

Buckeyes looking decent. Special teams is abysmal–they’ve given up three touchdowns, one on a blocked FG return and then two on actual returns–and the kickoffs are rarely making it to the end zone. That’ll be our downfall, if we have one–TresselBall depends on field position. Defense is sick, though–I think they’ve only given up 10 points all year. Pryor is doing a bit better at checking down his receivers, but still makes some ridiculous decisions in the passing game. He can do a whole lot with his legs, though. Reminds me a lot of Vince Young.

After last season, it is dangerous to make predictions. The defense is bad but also shallow. If they get a couple bad injuries on the defense it will be even worse.
One question is, how good or bad is Notre Dame. MSU will find out this weekend.