Community 5.04 "Cooperative Polygraphy" 1/16

Since we are talking about subtle Community jokes, there are two I remember reading about but can’t find links at the moment:

1. Most fans remember the episode where Abed has a completely background adventure delivering a baby but in the previous season that same couple could be seen in the background throwing their condoms away because Abed announced they were defective.

2. In, I believe, the Law & Order Parody episode, in the background of one scene you can see a woman emerge from a doorway wiping her mouth and a few seconds later a guy emerging zipping up his pants.

Just caught it today.* The best episode this season, and worthy of the classic third season. Lots of great lines throughout. And they’ve come up with a good way for Troy to exit (with a farewell next week, I assume).

Is Stone going to be a regular? Seems they’ll need a replacement for both Troy and Pierce.

*Thursday I was watching War Horse on stage. You do not miss a chance to see War Horse on stage.

No, it was just a guest spot. Pierce is being replaced by Professor Hickey, and Troy’s replacement, if he gets one, will probably come after Troy leaves.

I completely forgot about that. :smack:

Yes, in the third (?) season episode with Pierce’s father, he calls him by his full name.
I was wondering if the name of Pierce’s boat that Troy is supposed to sail around the world (“The Childish Tycoon”) was supposed to be a reference to Donald Glover’s alter-ego “Childish Gambino”.

That was so weird, since I mainly know the actor as Boyd Crowder on Justified. A very different character…

I thought it was funny, but episodes where everyone is screaming and yelling at each other generally aren’t my favourites.

Have you seen Walton Goggins in his Sons of Anarchy cameo? Boyd and Mr. Stone are practically twins in comparison.

Yes, it was great to see him without that southern drawl. What an amazing actor!

No, I haven’t watched SoA, but I see on his IMDB page that Goggins was on The Shield, which I plan on starting soon.
I like how, when Mr. Stone asked Abed if he ever killed a squirrel as a child and felt nothing and wondered if he were capable of doing it to a human, the whole group leaned forward on the edge of their seats and held their breath even after Abed said “No,” until the technician confirmed he was being truthful.

I loved the look of shock and disgust on Annie’s face when Chang walked out after getting the question about whacking in the study room.

That was my guess.

I loved it when he came back.

Oh he came back. EVERYWHERE!

:smiley:

Sorry, a little late with the new thread