Community, Feb. 24, 2011

Open spoilers
Winger was 19 in 1997? That would make him about 33 now. I thought he was over 40.

I thought it was interesting to see Jeff get so upset at being mocked, since he’s normally so blasé. And I didn’t catch many of the items in the news crawl, so I’ll have to watch it again over the weekend.

I plan to rewatch again for the news crawl also. There was some good stuff there.

This was a really fun episode. Much better then the last two.

BTW: Bleach and scrub brushes is the method that Annie needs to look up. :wink:

I need to see the news crawl, and the descriptions of the candidates.

This was a dropoff after last week’s brilliance, but still very good overall. The debate with the two people repeating catchphrases was very timely.

The romance between Abed and the Secret Service agent was a real highlight.

The connection between Abed and the female Secret Service agent was oddly sweet.

Dean Pelton is turning into one of my favorite minor TV characters.

With the reference to Pierce being back from rehab, I wonder if this episode was supposed to air after the break? They’re usually pretty good with story arcing.

Well, he was in the hospital last week for an overdose. Presumably he went to rehab after that.

Was the Secret Service hottie “Jo” from the last season-or-so of Scrubs?

Regarding that, I think he was exaggerating how young he was. The Wikipedia article on the show says that the cast is 18-25. My guess is that he was on the high end of that when he auditioned, but now is saying that he was on the younger end to excuse his immaturity in the audition tape.

Good episode. I loved the Troy and Abed news commentary. Good stuff.

In the intro, it did seem like it was written for a episode that aired after a break in time, (IMHO). Unless he went to rehab for about a week. The writers seem to be conscientious of doing episodes in “real-time”.

Jeff’s speeches frightened me. I can picture a politician “winning” a debate with them.

I caught “Prof Duncan stops drinking again.” on the crawl. There was also something about whether people actually read news crawls.

On Annie’s candidate profile:

Yes! An intern in season 8 and then [del]the RA in season 9[/del] Scrubs ended.

Her character’s real name

is Denise and JD thought having her as his apprentice would bring a feminine touch to his life.

Yes, obviously. Which is why it would make more sense if it aired after the break. Which it did not. Which is strange, that is something the writers are often conscious of.

Eh, time’s irrelevant in fiction.

That may be the case.

…I just know the writers had everyone hug and greet each other after “winter break”, which makes me think that *they *think about when the episode’s going to broadcast. Just like how last week’s episode picked up with Pierce being found where the episode *before that *left him.

Thank you both. The whole episode it was bugging me that she looked familiar. I was even vaguely thinking Scrubs but did not think about Jo. That was JD’s name for her because of Facts of Life I believe.

But that’s fairly typical with many shows; they’ll do a Thanksgiving episode or a Valentine’s Day episode, and so forth.

I got a lot of laughs out of this episode. Jeff’s speeches, “They don’t want me to say what I’ll do. They want me to do what I say!” Pierce threatening to crush the female candidate. The debate between Magnitude and Leonard, “Pop pop”, “Pthhhhh”, “Pop pop”, “Phthhhhh”.

As for Jeff’s age; In the episode where Chang comes to his apartment to give back Jeff’s driver’s license, the license shows that Jeff is 40.