Companies you've grown to hate because of their adverts.

Well, Coke, McDonalds and Wal-Mart just on general principle, but I would give my left arm if I never had to endure another car ad again. Mr.Mielikki told me he’d heard somewhere that 50% of all ads are car ads (or 50% of ad dollars are spent on car ads, or somethning like that). The ones on the radio annoy me especially; they talk so fast to fit in every bizarre disclaimer that it’s just a wall of babbling, usually on top of some kind of extreeeeeme guitar solo soundtrack. Bleh!

Anyone trying get me to try their little purple pill, or Nexium, or Celebrex.

If I cannot tell what effects the drug has from the commercial, Og knows what effects it will have inside me.

What scares me more is watching these drugs climb the list of most prescribed pills after a new commercial comes out…

Kaiser Family Foundation Study

Scarier is that 44 percent of those actually got themselves a prescription for a drug they saw in a commercial.

You people are blind to the genius that is the Spongmonkeys .
yes thats how they spell it on the site

Original Mattress Factory.

This is a commercial that plays a lot in Columbus, OH. Basically it consists of some fat ugly nerd who is about 45 and is probably still a virgin blabbing about his mattress factory. It wouldn’t be all that memorable if IT DIDN’T PLAY EVERY DAMN COMMERCIAL BREAK AND WOULD EVENTUALLY GO THE HELL AWAY AFTER PLAYING EVERY FIVE MINUTES FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS!

Pfizer, because of the commercial for Detrol, the drug that treats overactive bladder (OAB) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). The song goes “Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now”. I heard this jingle lots of times without paying attention to the ad, but when I finally realized what they were advertising, it became really annoying.

I’ll never subscribe to the Starz! channel because of the ads they did a while ago. It was the ultra-creative lyrics “Movies, movies, movies, movies” sung to Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy.” They did new ads, same innovative lyrics but the music arranged for a gospel chorus. I guess they thought that was an improvement.

I’ve hated my cable/ISP company, Comcast, for some time. But I hate them evem more because of their recent ads saying how they care about community and other such lies. As if their hype changes the mediocre service they provide.

VEHIX. Ugh. Could the actors using the website be any more smug and annoying?

That new Pepto commercial is so inept it’s actually become funny to me. I guess The Vandals can get away with putting “diarrhea” in a song lyric, but these people can’t. And you certainly can’t rhumba to ‘whatever it is upset stomach/diarrhea.’ :stuck_out_tongue: Furthermore, what kind of an idiot would grab his ass to stop diarrhea? That’s the LAST place I’d put my hands in that situation!

The Quiznos commercials are the worst ever. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten there, and now I know I never will. Whoever came up with “I’m lovin’ it” and it’s 80 bajillion variants needs to die painfully, and I will make sure “ba da bap-bap-BA” is the last thing he hears before he dies. And I will laugh.

These new commercials (first for tires, then Crestor, which sounds like a Space Ghost villain) with Patrick Stewart. Not because they’re remarkably bad, but because I don’t like them tarnishing my view of Patrick Stewart. When I think of PS, I’d rather think of the times I’ve seen him on Broadway or enjoyed Star Trek rather than having this Dr. Seuss-ish doggerel about lowering my cholesterol gagging my brain.

And most other commercials as well, really, but these are the worst I can think of now. Let’s not forget the crappiness of the local commercials you see on cable. Freaking FELDCO…

Another vote for Ditech. That loser bastard at the bank should have had his sorry ass fired a long time ago. If the idiots who created this steaming pile of crap had any sense, they’d go the GEICO route and have the moron go to work for Ditech.

Enzyte. Hey Bob, I hope your dick explodes.

If you live or have visited the Twin Cities area and have the horrible experience of seeing the National American University commercials with their annoying jingle: “One day, one night, Saturday’s alright. Online’s just fine, night time, anytime. Get your degree, set yourself free. National. American. University.”

Complete f*ckers.

Verizon.

First, they made the very dignified James Earl Jones out to be some kind of disco dancer.

Now, they have that horrible man with the talking disorder. You know, the incredibly idiotic man that’s always engrossed in his television and cell phone at the same tme. The one who shouts at the TV, “Don’t marry HIM! He’s cheating on YOU!”

Why would a company want to attract this type of person as a client? That guy and people like him should be shunned and humiliated, not enabled.

Old Navy. (ever since those stupid “Tech Vests”…damn, those things were fugly!)

Safe Auto-I HATE that jingle! And in the commercials, everyone LOVES it, and starts rocking out to it when it comes on. I just want to puncture my ear drums!

Moulson. Their “friends” radio ads are driving me mad. As if drinking beer by itself would ever turn a friend into a “friend”.

JC Penney - I had no real opinion on the store before…

but the evil, stupid, sexist “Where is your mother?” commercials make me want to stop other people from going there.

Jack In The Box.

There was this disgusting commercial, that showed a gas pump type affair, pumping a foul, nasty brown fluid into people. This was a “description” of how other restaurant allegedly treat their customers.

This thing turned my stomach, & put me off J-I-T-B forever!

I think you mean DVR. That’s what they call it here anyway.

A few years back, a local news station hired new anchors. Their names are Jane Robeloe and can’t-remember-his-first-name Hughes. For some reason, they decided to make a new jingle: “Ro-, Ro-, Robeloe, Robeloe and Hughes!”, sung to the tune of Row, row, row your boat. Why would you want to associate such a simple, childish tune with the news? :confused: It got them talked about, but no respect. They only aired it briefly, but I still can’t watch that channel.

DIE Enzyte Bob, die…

Also, any commercials that make men look like idiots in the home. As if they can’t do more than heat up hot dogs in the microwave for their hungry kids.

I am thouroughly, completely, absolutely sick of the Ionic Breeze commercials. Not only are they omnipresent, they’re run at darn near every commercial break on every channel I watch. Further, Sharper Image usually pays for the entire one minute spot. Seems like a five minute spot.
Sharper Image must be making a fortune on this POS air cleaner for them to be spending that much money. BTW, Consumer Reports roundly panned this device.

What’s worse is the version that hasn’t edited out the “actors’” voices. It makes me cry. How about the one with the graduates (full cap ‘n’ gown, too) walking up to the jazz singer on the corner, and jamming along with him while he sings the song? What about the one where they all of a sudden changed the line to “Get your degree, a BUSINESS DEGREE”, so you couldn’t sing along anymore without tripping over the lyrics? Not that I sing along or anything… Umm… What?

I’ll also agree with Old Navy (and add the Gap but, really, what’s the difference?), Quiznos, and pretty much anything with an “Atkins Approved” menu. I’m looking at you Subway. And TGIFriday’s. And Perkins.

I’ve tried to search for alt brand Ionic Breezes. No luck.

What would be a good set of search terms?