Conduit.com.

Also search for and destroy anything called “Whitesmoke.” It’s part of the conduit infection.

Bastards got to my laptop once last year. They deserve to be pitted. As well as skewered and slow-roasted over an open flame.

You are a wonderful human being.

Regards,
Shodan

+1 on all of these
I used to use MBAM and SuperAntiSpyware but they are ineffective on some of the latest spyware, they take too damn long to do a full scan and they are useless for real time protection.

How the mighty have fallen. Download.com used to be a good site. :frowning:

Remember when you were crazy not to have Norton’s Anti-Virus installed on your system?

I hear Sourceforge is quickly losing respectability too.

Maybe I should’ve suggested a $10 donation?.. :smiley:

…maybe I’ll give one last piece of advice, for those who want to manually delete conduit search from IE.

Click “settings” (gear symbol at top right) < “Manage add-ons” < “search providers” < then select conduit and delete it (“remove” button at bottom right).

I’m very careful about downloading any kind of free software. I’ve noticed a couple of very insidious tricks which the providers of such software use to get you to install toolbars and other bloatware that have little if anything to do with the primary functionality of the software. Typically the install file asks you to accept the EULA terms, which you do. Then another accept prompt appears, which many people just blithely proceed with because they don’t read it, thinking it’s just confirming that you want to install it on your computer or possibly asking you to confirm the file location. Instead, though, it’s asking you to accept a toolbar and change your browser home page.

The other very common ploy occurs when the installation software asks you whether you want to do a custom install or a standard (“recommended”) install. The only difference between the standard and custom installation processes is that only the latter gives you the chance to reject the toolbars and other add-ons.