Confessions of a troll

Who knows, ding, you might find it handy down the road.

Fake names are stupid. Maybe.

Dingus… I just wanted to let you know that some of us thought the Assboink thread was great. Yeah, it was obvious it was a troll, but you guys say that like it is a BAD thing. Sometimes trolling is just plain good-natured fun. Who doesn’t have a group of close friends that don’t have some inside jokes that they all laugh about.

And as far as meeting fellow dopers IRL… that kind of scares me… have you read some of the confessions in MPSIMS? Here I think someone is a cross between Cindy Crawford and Albert Einstein, and then they post something along the lines of “some of you know that I’ve had a major fungus problem for several years.” Or the “I have 23 pet rats, and now my friends are starting to avoid me just because I haven’t left my room in six months… 'cause I know you are stalking me… you know who you are!!!”

Not that there is anything wrong with mental illness or the fungusly disadvantaged.

Bug Vomit:

So Bug, you’re saying that Dingus is really handy?

Spud said:

I know what you mean Spud. Check out this Homer guy in MPSIMS who denigrates an entire culture and vows to commit murder over a stolen car stereo:
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002227.html

Geesh! Kinda gives me the willies!

Dingest, I thought the Assboink, Idaho thread was cute.

for e1skeptic, Fretful, and tomndebb:

Sometimes the most obvious choice isn’t the wisest. —Anonymous

forgive my spelling Dingus, I was never here! :wink:

I don’t think Dingy’s gonna tell us, folks.

Anyway, I am quite content to let the rest of you remain words on a screen (and occasionally, pictures). Partially because I like what we have going here, and I’m afraid that if I met any of you, it would be ruined, but mostly because I have no social skills whatsoever!

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

So, does this mean that there ** is ** going to be a party after all?

I don’t normally get into this stuff, but I’m really surprised that “Dingus” is a regular poster. If that’s true, he/she is a real coward- he/she said some really rude shit in the Assboink thread (after it got going) to people he/she knew. What a jackass.
Grow up and get a hobby if you’re that bored. (see the comments he/she made about ChrisCTP- one of the nicest people on here)
Jackass.

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

Dang, and I have already used my Delta freguent flyer miles to schedule a flight to the Assboink International Airport. I may not be able to refund those, but I should be able to get my money back from the local Assboink Hertz. Maybe I’ll just use it as a connecting flight to Middle-of-Nowhere, Montana.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

identity crisis post!
what matters is what is said, not who said it.

bj0rn

Bj(zero)rn! A coherent post! Congrats!

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Well, UncleBeer, although the statement is this time COHERENT, it is still very stupid. Apparently, bj0rn thinks flaming under a different name is perfectly OK.

bj0rn, since you’re condoning alter egos for flaming and the like, is it unsafe to assume that you would also have / plan to have an alter ego to post SANE and INTELLIGENT postings ?

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Oh, no. It sounds like Dingus is loverock relived. Wait a second, Dingus can write in complete sentences. But he is still an alternate identity to another doper.

Oh well.
HUGS! :wink:
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

::sneaks in::

Ehem, excuse me, but I’m Dingle and it sounds like I don’t want to be mistaken for this doofus, Dingus. So I hope you guys can make the distinction. Nor am I Dingus’ alter ego. Just a similar name–that is all.

::sneaks out::

Seems to me like the real losers are the ones too afraid to meet unusual people in real life.

Back off, man. I’m a scientist.

Were we really that unusual? :wink:

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

I like the idea of having an alter ego in MB World. Sometimes you just feel like saying something mischevious just to shake things up, ya know, just to see what will happen. But you don’t want to damage your established MB reputation. Enter the phantom posters: THE FUCKING HORNN DOGG, loverock, Cornhoolio ( sp? ), etc.

Alter egos exist as a kind of release valve for pent up frustrations and/or frivolity. I think that they are a lot of fun, and ultimately a good thing for the MB as a whole.

No, I’m not Dingus. I don’t have an alter ego. Yet.

“Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, now they expect us to clean toilets. When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this?”
Pulp, “Glory Days”

i never said flaming under a different name is perfectly ok. how the bloody well did you manage to cook that idea up? one thing i can say, im not going to blame you for being unimaginative.
and without repeating what i said earlier(its still there) ill tell you that it still stands as true. if for some reason people choose to come in under a different name and post something its non of your bloody bussiness. you are just the reader, not the composer.

bj0rn

not a case-sensitive person!