Conservapedia's liberal-bias-free article on Barack Obama

That’s the trouble, you see? - the world has too much of a ‘liberal bias’ (which IMO actually means it’s not a bias at all) - so the only alternative is an incestuous little circle-jerking gated community.

Every person who instructs in a college or university in the U.S., as far as I know, is referred to as a professor, regardless of their actual rank and title. I just hired someone to teach in the Fall of 2009 yesterday as a “Lecturer,” a 22-year old who will receive her MA this summer and who has never taught before, and her official letter of appointment will read “Dear Professor So-and-so,” as does the letter of the most senior Distinguished Professor on our faculty.

This is just a little bit of the swiftboat treatment Obama can expect–remember, if it’s said about Obama, and it’s negative, assume it’s a deliberate, malicious lie until proven otherwise.

Chrissake, Casey Stengel was called “the Old Perfessor,” because he held a university appointment in Phys. Ed. for a summer.

I love how there isn’t even a token attempt at inserting facts into the entry. You’d think somebody would look at it and go, “alright, I suppose we have to say something to make it look balanced.”

I like the part where Bill Clinton is cited as a reliable source. I never thought I’d see that on Conservapedia.

I’ve never been referred to as “Professor” in any official way (some of my students have been known to call me “professor”, but what do they know?). I’ve always been a “Teacher of Applied Voice”, and correspondence is addressed to “Mr. Verwirrt”.

I suppose such a distinction might apply to classroom instructors, rather than those who give individual lessons. I wouldn’t know about that.

I hate to break this to you, folks, but they missed one. I’ve just had to tell a conservative friend of mine that I haven’t been able to find any evidence that Obama gave speeches with Louis Farrakhan. I don’t know where he got it from. Even Snopes doesn’t have anything about that rumour.

I’m sure you could add that to the Obama article without Schlafly having any problem with it. Zero support for the accusation? That’s because of the liberal bias of all other media.

The sad thing is, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if he said that.

As I told him, I don’t mind people having legitimate beefs with candidates positions or policies. I’m just tired of the outright lies which get spread around.

Worse than the article is the talk page - indeed, almost any talk page on the site.

You really get a good picture of Schlafly from his comments there. The man’s view of reality is so distorted it’s a wonder he can find his way out of the sheets in the morning.

If you were to get an e-mail from your institution headed “EMERGENCY: All professors please read IMMEDIATELY” I presume you would just erase it unread?

All such e-mail is addressed to “All Faculty”.

Perhaps the facts have a liberal bias? <ducks, covers, runs like hell>

Has Conservapedia redesigned its logo in the fairly recent past? I don’t remember it saying explicitly calling itself ‘The Trustworthy Encyclopedia’ last time I looked (which, admittedly, was not all that recently).

Don’t they mean ‘reassuring’, rather than ‘trustworthy’? I suppose it depends on what it can be trusted to do.

They’ve always used ‘The Trustworthy Encyclopedia’ as their slogan. The logo may have changed in design though.

Too bad it’s not “The Truthy Encyclopedia.”

Right now, the page is just amazing

Obama’s campaign has been financed largely by leftist donors opposed to the war and to the American military in general.

Senator Obama began his anti-war candidacy for President of the United States on February 10, 2007, in Springfield, Illinois.

Obama said he would have face-to-face meetings with two of Florida’s most feared enemies, Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez.

Daniel Pipes concludes that Obama was raised a Muslim,

etc. etc.

He probably did. Daniel Pipes is a crazy son of a bitch who blacklists colleges and college professors who teach Middle Eastern politics/history and don’t teach that all Muslims are evil and out to get us.

More than one. I saw one of the tabloids a few weeks back claiming Obama had an extramarital affair but I don’t think there’s any mention of this allegation in the Conservapedia article.

What was it?