Coral Calcium

There was a guy on TV yesterday named Robert Barefoot who was very excited about something called Coral Calcium. According to him, it can cure everything from Cancer to leg cramps. He was pretty convicing, but I would like a second opinion.

Hmm. Sounds like a scam. I looked up a site on coral calcium, and this is what it said about why coral calcium is such a panacea:
(http://www.onlinecoralcalcium.com/info.html)

"After years of research, scientists found that just a small amount of these special coral sands, when added to just about any liquid, bring it to an alkaline pH balance of 7.5 to 8.5, which is necessary for facilitating optimum health and the absorption of vitamins and minerals. This was an important discovery.
Taken two times a day with water, Coral Calcium delivers critical calcium- otherwise tough to absorb and be used effectively by the body- and over 60 critical minerals to your system. Often called “the king of the minerals,” calcium is considered the common denominator of good health.
While calcium has been noted for its value in preserving the structure of the body, recent research links inappropriate calcium levels to the process of aging as well as many degenerative diseases such as osteoporosis, allergies, gallstone disease, heart disease, cancer and more.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to treat, cure, mitigate or diagnose any disease. "

All this seems fairly insubstantial, and until they provide credible links to the “recent research” they refer to, I wouldn’t be rushing out to buy the stuff. Particularly note the last sentence.
While coral calcium may have some minor health benefits, I suspect a good glass of milk would be just as benificial.
In other words, the guy on the TV was a snake oil merchant.
-Oli

… And this simple sentence doesn’t just jump out at you and say … It’s A Scam!?

:smiley:

The guy’s a huckster. coral calcium. That appeal he made to the millions of different little organisms and trace chemicals within the coral calcium that supposedly fix up your intenstinal tract to absorb nutrients is utter bull. You’d be better off ordering some badger milk, or a colostrum product. :rolleyes:

thanks. I bought some just for the hell of it, but I don’t think I’ll be buying any more.