Corey Lewandowski

I’ve been bruised like that. Not due to an assault though, just an over-enthusiastic fellow actor who didn’t realize how hard he was grasping my arm in the moment. He was very apologetic, and very careful during the rest of the show’s run.

I don’t have an opinion on this really but if we’re going to talk about him denying it at first and being proved wrong, how about her first statement where she said she was pulled down to the ground by him? She made this into a much bigger deal at first than it turned out to be as well.

Not what she said.

This is so ridiculous. She wasn’t yanked down nor did she almost fall. Lewandowski shouldn’t have put his hand on her, but this wasn’t some egregious offense. There was no need to lie and deny like they. Trump’s continuing denials in the face of video evidence have crossed well over into the absurd.

You what now? She’s clearly moving with Trump as he walks presumably to try to have a few words, and the campaign manager reaches through the crowd and yanks her to a stop, while Trump keeps walking. I’m not sure she goes backward - maybe a little - but she certainly goes from walking to stopped. What happened is clear, and the motive equally clear.

They carefully screened all Trump’s staff during interviews. Any that told the truth about anything were told they probably didn’t have the right skills for the job.

I’ve been grabbed by a bouncer at a club more aggressively than that, and I wouldn’t have even thought about calling it battery.

This all much ado about nothing.

You mean, when a bouncer had a legitimate reason to grab you?

Plus Lewandowski is not part of the security detail. The Secret Service didn’t consider the reporter a threat so there was no need for the contact(except to protect Trump’s delicate ego).

Having watched the clip a couple times, it looks like he may have originally grabbed her shoulder, throwing her off balance. He could have then grabbed her forearm with his other hand to help pull her back. What the other hand is doing is pretty key and the video doesn’t really give a complete view of that.

Red-checkered shirt guy seems to have had a prime viewing angle for the whole thing though, has he spoken out?

I think it looks like she touched Trump (he looks like he’s pulling is arm away). I think it looks like Lewandowski touched her. And it looks like it might have been such a minor incidence in Lewandowski’s day that it’s unsurprising he didn’t remember. It’s goofy that they appear to be still denying it, though, and not remembering is not some sort of get out of battery charges defense.

Not just denying it, but saying so many different things. This article gathers a lot of the different things that Trump has said, first calling her a liar, then saying it wasn’t that bad, then that it was her fault that she was grabbed, and then saying that his employee is a great guy so why press charges against him. This is my favorite nonsensical quote:

Regardless of how this should be prosecuted, neither Trump or Lewandowski thought that the pen Fields had was a tiny bomb. The whole thing is ridiculous. It might have all blown over if either Trump or Lewandowski had said something about Fields was grabbed a little more forcefully than she should have been and Lewandowski is sorry, but neither Trump or his campaign in general is capable of making apologies.

Why wouldn’t the Secret Service consider the reporter to be a threat? Is it because she’s qualifies as State Dept hot?

Shouldn’t bodyguards, such as the Secret Service, consider everyone a threat until those threats are no longer within striking range of the protected person?

Lewandowski attended the press conference and later approached Trump in order to ask more questions (and maybe just touch the Donald while she was at it). If Lewandowski choses to file these types of minor charges against the groups she’s suppose to interview, who would agree to be interviewed by a Lewandowski-type?

Lewandowski wants to be the story. Congratulations Lewandowski. Now go find another line of work. Writing a blog, become a lawyer, blackmail older gentlemen, etc.

(post shortened)

This (may) go to court. The ex-Breibart reporter will then have a chance to prove that her bruises came from Lewandowski.

The reporter is Michelle Fields. Lewandowski is the guy who is accused of grabbing her. Did you read any news stories before developing all of these opinions?

Why wouldn’t the Secret Service consider the reporter to be a threat? Is it because she’s qualifies as State Dept hot?

Shouldn’t bodyguards, such as the Secret Service, consider everyone a threat until those threats are no longer within striking range of the protected person?

A reporter attended the press conference and later approached Trump in order to ask more questions (and maybe just touch the Donald while she was at it). If a reporter choses to file these types of minor charges against the groups she’s suppose to interview, who would agree to be interviewed by this reporter?

The reporter wanted to be the story. Congratulations Ms Reporter. Now go find another line of work. Writing a blog, become a lawyer, blackmail older gentlemen, etc.

Having missed the edit window, I’ve already requested that a mod remove the errored post. Thanks for your concern.

The tape shows Lewandowski lurch at her and extend his arm. That is enough to support her assertion that his grabbing of her arm was aggressive and the bruises are the result. Any other campaign would have the common sense to accept that it happened but was not pre-meditated to injure and apologized to lay the matter to rest. That is all she was asking for. But Trump’s foolish defensiveness got the better of him and Lewandowski and they denied and carried on like entitled jerks. They just don’t get politics. It’s all about perception. You can’t defend against everything with idiotic responses like Trump arguing that she touched him and asking should I have called the police on her? It only makes him look like a loser–a wimp with screwed up priorities. Lewandowski should not have manhandled her, and when learning of the bruising they should have apologized and sent her flowers at the very least.

Sending flowers to a woman you touched inappropriately would be a very bad move.

Yeah, dinner and a movie would be better. :wink:

Shush, you! :slight_smile: