Could Alton Brown BE any sexier?!?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan and watch the reruns at 7 & 10 pretty much every night, even though I’ve seen them all several times over, but lately, in the newer epsiodes, hasn’t he been going overboard with the models and demonstrations? It’s getting to be like Family Guy with the flashbacks every two minutes. I get the feeling someone (or many someones) told him they were cool, and now he’s going waaaay overboard with them. And don’t forget, get to know your fishmonger.

:wink: I do have a short attention span, so next week the thread could be “Could Alton Brown BE any more annoying?”

Yeah, he could be sexier.

My ex-boyfriend loved him, he could do no wrong. I got a serious overdose.

Plus, he lives in the Atlanta area, so we get little articles, reports of ‘Alton sightings’, etc. People know what Whole Foods he shops at, where his favorite butcher is …

It becomes tiresome.

:confused: I’m interested enough in eating good food that I’m quite willing to watch cooking shows to learn how to make it.

When I look at Alton I still see the young hottie beneath the puff. He’s still in there.

At first when he started to look sort of middle aged like that it did bother me since he was the age I am now when the show started and it’s a bit disturbing to think of the transience of hottness and all that. But I believe I’ve come to terms.

So…can we wrangle this thread back to singing the praises of Giada or Nigella?

Those uggos? I don’t think so! :smiley:

Nigella Lawson is a culinary goddess. She makes separating egg yolks sexy. It’s a shame they don’t air her show more often! I love her soft voice and the almost intimate setting of the show; there’s something about the way it’s filmed, I can’t put my finger on what it is.

You can keep Giada-Giant-Head-De Laurentiis and her marinara-gasms all to yourself, thanks. I swear, the woman is only is only attractive if she stays pefectly still, keeps her small velociraptor arms down, and her mouth SHUT.

I hate how she stresses the pronunciation of words such as ricotta or fettuccine. It’s like she suddenly gets an Italian accent, but for that word only. Ugh.

I really thought that he could not get sexier…and then he grew his beard. And I knew then that no matter how perfect a perfection may be, it can always get perfecter. I love a good beard…

you met him? may I touch you?
Alton is totally yummy. I’ve crushed him since the first season of Good Eats. And I don’t even mind his middle-age spread or his receeding hair line. Feasting on Asphalt may not be his best work, but I’m still looking forward to the second season.
However he looks, whatever he does, I wouldn’t kick him out of bed for eating crackers
But he’s married
Oh, bother.

Yep, you’re a regular viewer. :smiley:

Start your own thread. This is AB’s!

:wink:

One of our saleswomen (she sells stuff to us, not for us) refers to Giada’s cleavege as “Boob Salad.”

You met him?!? And didn’t take me with you?

I must hate you now.
Sadly, I no longer have cable, so I don’t get to watch him anymore. I have his book, though. That’ll have to do.

Sexy… no… I am a straight guy who loves to cook… and although I love his shows, I can’t say that he’d be my dream bedwarmer…

On the other hand:

1. He knows his stuff… He cooks like I do, with basic ingrediants , with an understanding of the chemistry and physics of cooking.

2. He eschews “Single Use Gadgets”- No lemon zesters for him… ever see the “Good Eats” where he used a wood rasp for a lemon zester?

3. He’s damn funny… Unlike a lot of cooking “Gurus” he doesn’t take himeslf too seriously… he once said something like “Food may be a high art, but its a TEMPORARY art, enjoy it or not, its gonna get stale soon!”

4. He makes complex ideas easy to understand (His Good Eats episode on Chocolate cookies showed me how to make any kind of texture I wanted)… and did it in a way that was funny, fast pasced and , well, hilarious…

5. His "recipes don’t cost $200 to make. I once saw an episode of the frigal gourmet that had a recipe involving 3 lbs of steamed soft shell crab… (You can get them from your local fishmonger)… (Local cost would be about $75)… Frugal Gourmet also adb=vised us to have the fishmonger remove the shells… (at extra cost). Frugal Gourmet also had a kitchen that cost more than my houe. Alton cooks in a real (but nice) kitchen… using real tools in real ways

6. He is NOt an ingrediant snob… When an ingrediant is important he will tell you how to find/buy the best available… Not just assume you automatically know

I could go on…

FML

1. He is NOT a homemade snob. When a packaged food is the best option (cake mix, I’m remembering in particular), he doesn’t bother making one from scratch just to make a point!

I just wish he would quit referring to everything from a kitchen appliance to a utensil to a pork roast as a “device”… :slight_smile:

Jacquilynne - When’s Alton going to be in Nashville? And will you be here for the get-together on the 18th?

For the record, I hate the beard, but lurve AB.

StG

You are dead to me.

He used one of these for its intended purpose, and as the stand for the vertical turkey he was frying.

When I worked in St. Louis for two summers, my pals there said I must go eat Concretes at Ted Drewes (frozen custard). Last night on Feasting on Asphalt, Alton Brown tried his hand at making a Concrete. Two tastes that taste great together.

That Giada is beautiful, isn’t she. But yeah, watching her take a taste, moan, move to the next thing…meh.