Count Chocula and Friends

Do they still make Boo Berry and Frankenberry? At one time I seem to recall a werewolf that had his own cereal.

They don’t sell anything but Count Chocula (sp??) in Chicago. At least not that I know of. But I could sure use some Boo Berry.

Mmmmmm…booberry…
go to http://www.hometownfavorites.com
they have both, I believe…

My favorite was Frankenberry!
Zette

I dunno about you but I lived on Count Chocula and chocolate covered donuts when I was in high school. I weighed in at 100 pounds too. Hmmm, maybe I should go back to that diet…

To answer your question, I haven’t seen Frankenberry or Boo Berry in quite some time.

Don’t know if they still make them.

But I also remember in addition to the Werewolf cereal, there was “Yummy Mummy.”

Whenever I see Frankenberry, I think of that SNL bit where Al Franken indignantly asks General Mills for his name back, then poses with his face next to the box; the resemblance is uncanny!

http://piximg.corbis.com/cpe/256wm/10480537.jpg

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

And that’s… Okay…

Yer pal,
Satan

Ahem…

Fruit Brute

[dwtno shoots, he scores!]

Yummy Mummies make your tummy go “yummy”!

I haven’t heard that jingle in eons, and now it’s stuck in my head. Thanks a lot, guys.

God is dead. -Nietzsche
Nietzsche is dead. -God
Neitzsche is God. -Dead

Mark–I’ve seen Boo Berry (probably a few months ago) at Cub Foods, if you want to go running around checking all the Cub Foods stores.

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Yep, Cub Foods is the only place I know where you can get Boo Berry. My favorite cereal. I’ve never tasted Fruit Brute or Yummy Mummy; what exactly were their flavors?

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Thufferin, yes,I remember that! Especially when Al said frankenberry’s head looked just like his butt(turn it upside down)!

From the Trivia listing for Pulp Fiction at IMdB:

I knew I liked you Dopers for some reason. for over a decade, I’ve been alone in my assertion that there was a Fruit Brute cereal in the Monster Cereals line. Now I have a support group.
sob I love you guys. sniff I really love you guys. sob

–Da Cap’n
“Playin’ solitaire 'til dawn
With a deck of fifty-one.”

Patting Cap’n on the back

“That’s right…let it out. Don’t be afraid to cry…”

Came across the Count, Boo, and Frankenberry in the store a couple of weeks ago. They now have spiffy foil on the front, and their marshmallows have Scooby, Shaggy, and the Mystery van.

Will work for sig line.

Count Chocula, and the rest of them seem to be a seasonal (Halloween) item at Target. At least in the California Bay Area… But, on my yearly trip to New Orleans, I have noticed that Walmarts in Louisiana stock the stuff on regular basis…Couple that with cheap housing, and maybe you finally have a reason to live in the deep south… :wink:

I could have sworn Yummy Mummies were a candy. I remember getting them in some little coffin and sucking out the corpse from the sarcophogus. They were FOUL! I suppose the name could have been something else and I just projected the cereal onto the revolting candy.

HUGS!
Sqrl

BTW Frankenberry is one of the reasons I don’t eat cereal. BLECH!

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

One other thing, as you will have noticed, my signature was not specifically made for this thread, but ever so appropriate.

HUGS!
Sqrl :slight_smile:

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

Leave it to the Straight Dope online community to research what happened to the rest of Snark’s name! :wink: