Cowboys trade for the other Roy Williams.

Seems like a smart move. What’s the point of playing Kitna? He’s not winning games anyway. May as well give ol’ safety-pants and Mr. Hometown Hero a try.

The Lions should know that, they drafted four of them.

The theory was that Harrington was a future great and if we drafted great receivers ,he would become a star. It was for QB help . It just proved Harrington was bad. Then we had frustrated receivers with nobody who could throw. Of course Williams was slow and fat and had a poor work ethic. Rogers could not leave the weed alone and got fat. Both are long gone from football.

Meh. Rogers looked as though he was everything the Lions could have hoped for as a rookie, and then broke his collarbone and boom, career over.

I think Marvin Lewis and the emergence of Chad and Rudi Johnson bailing out old noodle-arm had more to do with that than Kitna himself, oh he of the spontaneous fumble, or the untimely interception (which, by the way, kept us OUT of the playoffs in 2004 against the Browns…had we won, we were in, but Kitna felt the need to give the game away).

Old crazy-legs Kitna. Nice guy, vocal leader, below average NFL QB.

Twice, mind you. He broke his collarbone twice.

Yeah, but the first one did the damage- he looked like a budding star in his 5 games as a rookie (22 catches, 243 yards, 3 TDs in only 5 games), but didn’t do squat before he broke it the second time (14 catches, 197 yards and 1 score in 9 games).

He lost his speed. He tested at 4.23 4 years ago and ran a 4.8 when he tried out for other teams. The Lions are in court trying to get about 8 mill back in bonus. He was suspended for drug violations.

Two touchdowns in his first game, against the Cardinals. Anquan Boldin also got two touchdowns.
I had both of them on my fantasy teams. Yes, I won that week.

You started two rookie wideouts in Week 1??!!? What were you thinking?

I liked Charles Rogers and I had a hunch on Anquan Boldin. I was right on both. Well, for that week. I continued to be right on Boldin, but Rogers famously turned into peanut brittle.

I remember benching a stud receiver for those two opening week, as well. That should also cause you to question my sanity and learn you to never enter into any kind of a

Bill Simmons on ESPN.com called Andy Reid “Art Shell with a better PR staff.”

The Eagles bring in new players- including high priced/profile free agents- all the time. Jevon Kearse, Asante Samuel, Takeo Spikes, etc. They just don’t do it on offense. I can’t say I blame them; in the McNabb era, they brought in one big offensive free-agent signing, and look how that turned out.

Yeah, what a trainwreck of a superbowl year.

As long as they don’t sign Chad “O.C.” Johnson, we really can’t compare. The Eagles signed a diva, and shocker of shockers, he acted like a diva. If they could manage to crack the checkbook a bit for a talented player, sans baggage, then maybe they could make a run at climbing out of the divisional basement.

How many top-flight wideouts don’t have baggage? Roy Williams has played the diva from time to time; T.J. Houshmanzadeh briefly staged a holdout this preseason; Randy Moss is, well, Randy Moss; and so on.

While there is a group of emerging stars at the position (Greg Jennings, Roddy White, Wes Welker, Calvin Johnson, etc.) I highly doubt any of them are going to be free agents or on the block anytime soon.

I do not think it is all that hard to get a good wide receiver. It is an over rated position.

Down to one Roy Williams. The other one broke his forearm. Out for the season.

For all intents and purposes they’re down to no Roy Williamses. “Yours” didn’t record a stat all game.

Didn’t the Cowgirls have an anemic offense the whole way around?