Crafting, Crafters (without any pants on ,in bed with a blue herring)

Sorry I couldn’t resist.

Now to the subject.

I do crafts, all kinds of crafts, sewing , crochey, recycling stuff into craft materials.

I wanted to try rubber stamping, but after looking at the price of rubber stamps ( Up to ten bucks for one frigging stamp ! ) I thought someone among the Teeming Millions might be able to tell me how/where to get cheap stamps made, or where they are sold ultra cheap.

Or maybe some of you would be willing to share your craft tips.

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

I always heard you could get that thin styrofoam and use a pen tip for example to impress it and make a stamp that way…dip in paint, press. Although that spongey/rubber stuff they sell at craft stores (its a foam rubber in a 8 1/2 x 12? sheet, different colors)might work if you cut out what you want with an Xacto (shudder) and glue it on the bottom of a wood square…but youd have to glue it so it looked backwards…

Hope this helped!

-Wash, Rinse, Maim.

Well Ayesha… tonite im just a wealth of information… useless albeit… We have a store here called Crafts Canada… great prices… I have a few stamps myself from when I used to make stationary and they were so much cheaper there than anywhere else… Wish I’d known a month ago… would have sent you some!!

I am me… accept it or not.

Thanks Counterattacki, I have tried the idea with the crafter foam. it’s just not the same. Not enough detail in the stamps.

Sue,
That’s the story of my life , a day late and a dollar short !

Somehow I just think going to Canada to buy stamps wouldn’t be cheaper at all. The trip alone would break me.

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Can’t help you in this department. I get my stamps at the post office :::rimshot::::

All I can make are crocheted potholders. I suppose that would not be a pretty sight as a stamp. Kinda messy.

It takes a while, but I really enjoy making linoleum block prints. The linoleum blocks are available at art supply stores. I draw the design I want onto the block (which is, I guess, linoleum, mounted on particle board type wood), and then carve it out with exacto knives and wood carving tools.

You can then either use the stamps with stamping ink, or with acyrllic paint rolled (lightly) or brushed on.

The first time I did this was in 6th grade art class, but I have made many of them here in my adult world.
Meg

A lot of people are often surprised when they find out that, despite being an artist, when it comes to craft-type things I am totally inept! I couldn’t make something of any worth if my life depended on it!

Shame really… sometimes I have an urge to make something. But it all turns to crap under my fingers, I just can’t do it.

Oh well, such is life.

-PIGEONMAN-
Hero For A New Millennium!

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat