Creepy commercials

Whenever I see the new Quiznos commercial featuring Bob, the talking baby, I get creeped out. Something about him just makes my skin crawl. The spongmonkeys were delights by comparison.

The new Burger King commercials, where the weird plastic-faced Burger King appears in a guy’s car is another one. <shivers>

Anybody else creeped out by some commercials?

This topic has made the rounds before.

One that makes me change the channel every time is the starburst comercial where the guy show the girl the sculpture of her that he made out of starburst, and then proceeds to eat the sculpture in front of her.

:eek:

I think this is more disgusting than creepy, but I want to vomit every time I see the A1 commercial where the guy dips his steak in a blob of A1 sauce on his companion’s face. It’s just revolting. I can’t imagine who thought that was a good idea to sell their product.

The laxative (I think it’s Metamucil) with the three guys going to the bathroom at the same time every day.And, since day 1, those Charmin ads with the bears wiping their asses.

Let’s not forget a few creepy oldies such as Mr. Six (creepy because of the rumors of who he really was), and those weird Sponge Monkey (or what ever they were called) i.e. flying dead rats with human mouths…that really makes me want to go out and buy a sub.

I don’t remember any rumors about Mr. Six. So what’s the story about him?

I think the reason why I find him so creepy is because his lips move, but his jaw doesn’t. It’s unnatural and jarring.

The one where that thing lifts up the toenail. I cannot watch that.

The A-1 spot that really weirds me out is the guy who eats some guy’s steak while he’s gone to make a phone call. The diner’s wife berates the interloper, who doesn’t say a word.

Mrs. Nott wonders if Bob the Baby is completely CGI, or just partly.

There is some dishwashing detergent commercial with some talking spout with quasi-lips inside the dishwasher that eagerly chugs down the detergent (making a “glug glug” noise) as it is poured down its throat.

Absolutely repulsive.

There were rumors flying around the web last summer that he was everything for a young black guy in heavy make-up to a female dancer in heavy make-up.

Either way, kind of creepy.

:: twitch ::

I’ve just recently been able to sit through that one. But I still avert my eyes when he first lifts it up.

There’s a PSA about seatbelts and/or child safety seats, (I was too creeped out to notice). They show all these scenes involving kids. Kids playing soccer, skateboarding, parents teaching kid to ride a bike…
But the “kids” are little crash test dummies.
Something about the dummy kids, gives me the heebie jeebies.

You think it’s creepy? I thought it was a mildly-amusing allusion to Lionel Richie’s old “Hello” video.

Once in a blue moon, I go to fark.com, mainly because of the photoshop contests they have there, even though the ones at Worth1000 Often, there are political discussion there. They are papered with phootoshoped pictures, representing points of view. They are quite idiot. However …

There is one out there, with the Burger King meeting the guy at the door to his home. The king is “staring” at his face. Underneath is the caption:

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s brilliant!
Love the creepy stuff. The group of critters in the Quiznos spots is Rathergood.

This is exactly what I thought of when I read the thread title, before I even read the OP. ANY commercial featuring a talking baby freaks me out. It’s not cute, and it’s not even a new advertising idea - it got played out around the time Look Who’s Talking came out (maybe before, but that’s as far back as my memory of talking babies goes). I don’t so much mind the ones where it’s the baby’s thoughts, or at least they use a kid’s voice, but to make a baby sound like an adult is not cute. At all. In fact, it’s creepy.

I find the King creepy as well, but for some reason those commercials make me laugh as well.

I started a pit thread about how the tampon commercial where there’s a leak in the bout and the girl sticks a tampon in it, string up. Skeevy. Also, there was one for I-don’t-know-what where somebody takes a big swig of spoiled milk. Urk.

That plastic King is quite freaky. I do a mock scream when I see him.

But nothing is as bad as the spongemonkies(or whatever those were). I’m glad they’re gone.

There was a jeans ad a while back (for Levis, I think, but maybe it was Lee) in which a guy swiped a pair of jeans from a store mannequin and the mannequin proceeded to follow him all over the place to the accompaniment of a song that was distinctly creepy in that context. (It had the words “I put a spell on you”; unfortunately, I don’t know what it’s called or who performed it.) The commercial closed with the image of the shadow of the mannequin standing over the sleeping jeans-buyer on a stormy night.

Never failed to elicit a shudder from me.

Has everyone forgotten those creepy Ray-O-Vac ads from about 10 years ago? It showed an entire family that looked like the Burger King guy. (creepy)

Remember those ads from a few years ago for MySimon? This falls into the creepy Burger King / Ray-O-Vac category.

And for distasteful, I believe Levi’s scores again with their ads from a few years ago that featured singing female navels (moving lips and everything) ewwwwwwwwww !!! The song by the way was “I’m Coming Out” which I guess was used to acknowledge the fact that women were displaying their navels more frequently. (A fashion statement with which I am in total agreement).
Hey I like … no … I LOVE female navels. I think they are quite the attention-getter as is. No need to show them singing.