Crusader Kings 3 Succession Game

There were no great diplomatic options for the heir’s wife, so I went with high skills and another positive inheritable trait.

you’ve picked an interesting character and a decent start. If we can avoid founding the Holy Roman Empire, maybe we can found the kingdom of romagna?

Thanks for the updates! (Unfortunately, can’t see the pictures through firewall.)

May I suggest players follow order as originally posted in this thread:

1. Johnny_Bravo
  2. Babale
  3. Pleonast
  4. Sitnam
  5. Teuton

Once we get to the bottom, loop back to the top. If others want to join in, add their names to the bottom (or if we’ve already looped to the top, after the current player). We can be flexible of course, depending on who has time to play when.

Hey gang, look who’s the Queen of Jerusalem.

I’m actually capable of usurping the title of Kingdom of Romagna now, but I haven’t done it because I like being in the HRE. I schemed a strong hook on the king and gave myself war declaration rights, so we can eat up pieces of the kingdom at our leisure.

I think a main goal for future players might be to unify Italy.

Putting the game down for the evening. Here’s where it stands.

My son with the amazing stats died of wounds sustained in the Crusade for Jerusalem. My grandson is now the player heir. His stats should be pretty good when he comes of age.

The HRE is beginning to break up. Lombardy and I think Swabia have gone independent. I defended the king against one liberation war but it was costly and I haven’t done it again. Our own duchy is pretty big and depending on how things go in the next couple of years I may try and break free.

I’m getting up there and years and am also possessed. I’m going to respec my perk points and dump them all down the health tree to try and squeeze some more life out of the old girl.

Yes I agree with unifying Italy as a medium term goal. After that we can figure out where to expand to next, but that is a natural goal. Also we want to prevent the pope from gobbling up too much of Italy so that his lands are minimal and we can keep him tame.

I went ahead and usurped founded the kingdom of Romagna, having remembered that gaining Queen status won’t make me independent from the HRE.

Here’s the current local status.

Slightly more zoomed out to show which realms have broken away from the HRE.

How strong is Lombardy and do they have any alliances? They look like an attractive target for expansion.

They’ve got a couple of good alliances and have even strength. I’m going to try and eat Venice and Verona before I kick the bucket.

Also, I just founded the Knights Templar, so I’m dead broke.

I’ll be dead pretty much as soon as I unpause. In my own honor, I have renamed the kingdom.

I am SO CLOSE (~two years) to unlocking heraldy so that I can change the succession law to high partition. I’ll set it to regular partition instead.

And done! Not gonna lie, I’m a little miffed about the summary! I conquered half of Italy, single-handedly won the First Crusade for Jerusalem, founded the Knights Templar, established a dynasty… but you get possessed by just a COUPLE OF DEMONS and that’s all people remember you for.

You didn’t eat anyone, did you? :speak_no_evil:

Babale, your turn to wear the crown.

Okay… anybody know where to find Game Pass save files?

Never mind! @Babale, how would you like to receive ze file?

Upload to Google drive as a private file and pm a link? Or I could pm you my email

High Partition is nice but I’ve actually been enjoying the succession mechanics in this game. It’s a bit harder to blob but if you plan it right you can still accomplish some cool stuff I think.

I loaded the save after I made a copy for you and it ended up not being an issue. I’ll send you a link either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on when I make it home.

Sounds good, I should have plenty of time to play this weekend.

File sent! Good luck! Hail Bravagna!