curlcoat...yet again.

Oh, go shake your hand.

I know this is curlcoat’s pitting, but I just have to ask; do you ever post anything in any forum or thread that consists of anything more than a one-liner of snark? Seriously, in the year or so that I’ve been here at the SDMB, you have been nothing but a ‘fair-weather’ BBQ-pit tag-along or a drive-by snark-hurler.

Can you point out where, exactly, people were putting words in her mouth? Because she also accused other posters of ‘flights of fancy’, and I just don’t see it. Actually, I though that thread stayed remarkably on topic compared to most MPSIMS/IMHO threads of that length. I’m not saying that you are lying or anything, I’m just trying to figure out what exactly you are thinking of.

The only thing I can think of is that people brought up the fact that she hates kids and therefore might not be the best judge of what is and isn’t a normal reaction to pregnancy (I think anything short of throwing yourself off a cliff would count as ‘going gaga’ in her mind). She, like a lot of annoying posters, seems to think that it’s terribly unfair that we remember things she has said previously and bring them up when relevant. I think we’re all supposed to respond to her as though she is a polite stranger who has just come along to ask an innocent question, and that ain’t going to happen given her rather unpleasant background.

That isn’t completely fair. Sometimes she also reminds us that poster X is the same one who said Y in the past.

I like the snarky one-liners better, though.

I’ll have to go back a re-read everything. Maybe this weekend. But I thought that the OP was a very reasonable question.

You guys can still read her posts? Hm. How strange.

Can someone who has more energy than me please dig up all the crap that curlcoat has been spewing about kids and what a monstrosity they are?

I have to leave soon and the linked thread does not do it justice.

Yes, we need someone to balance all the posters who somehow manage to tolerate the rest of the human race.

You know who you are… [wags finger]

I would much rather read Curlcoats craziness than Even Svens boring smugness.

This, big time.

Your powers of observation are far better than your parking instincts.

Yes, I also prefer cramping diarrhea to castration.

If you realize that Community’s Britta has an account here and posts under the name Even Sven, her posts are a lot better.

A ‘Man’ that fathered 30 kids needs a break on child support. How joyous are we about that?

You don’t really have to choose - you can have both, you know.

Thanks for the laff.

And no disrespect to you Ambivilad. You have a long row to hoe. Thing is, we all do.

Not much at all. And were he a friend of mine and I aware of his history, he sure wouldn’t get much joy out of me. But no one in the thread that I can recall claimed that one must always be overjoyed (or even joyed) about every pregnancy, merely that *often *it’s smoothed over in public by words of congratulations, and the “WTF are you thinking?!” is saved for private.

I don’t think anyone’s claimed that they are always overjoyed or that they can’t imagine a scenario where they’d think having a baby is a bad idea. Our rubrics differ, but only **curlcoat **seems to have met someone who she thinks would celebrate absolutely every pregnancy ever, in truth and not just in public. And she refuses to entertain the notion that she is probably wrong in that assumption, or she’s asking us to answer for a behavior we’ve never seen. Occam’s Razor gives her the likeliest explanation: her question can’t be answered to her satisfaction because it’s a flawed question.

This.

In the linked thread, many people tried many angles to show curlcoat that her argument was flawed, insofar that we had not witnessed the over-the-top happiness that she claims to witness pretty regularly. Unless that premise is valid, then nothing can come of her question.

I don’t know curlcoat from Adam. Perhaps I should pay more attention to every post that everyone makes but I can’t.

I don’t work that way. Every day brings new ideas, and sometimes new positions.

I’m stunned that so many dopers think that every pregnancy is a good thing.

No. Nobody said that. They said that many people will be supportive in public and express any doubts that they have in private. That seems to be the gist. No one that I recall is in the every-sperm-is-sacred camp.