Curse you, Dairy Queen!

The first step is in admitting that one has a problem. I admit it- I have no self control when it comes to Dairy Queen’s Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards.

Oh, that sweet, salty chocolateness. Heck, I normally don’t like their ice cream at all- but when they mix in Reeses cups, I simply can’t say no.

So much for my diet. So much for diabetes running in my family.

I can turn anything down. Except Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards.

[sub]with extra candy, fifty-nine cents more[/sub]

Life’s too short. Enjoy!

Yeah, I used to have that problem. I was getting better too. Then, one day, I tried the banana split blizzard. That was a mistake I’ll never get past – that monkey’s on my back, boy, and he’s never comin’ off.

–Cliffy

I’ve got news for you friend. When you move up here to take that new job, most of the Dairy Queens around here are seasonal. They CLOSE FOR THE WINTER! Not all of them, but it can mean you might have to drive to the next town for your fix. I can draw you a map to any of the Diary Queens in the county.

And by the way, if the guy from that company takes forever to get back to you, don’t take it personally. Seems to be his bugaboo. :slight_smile:

Cranky, can you tell me if they sell gift certificates? And if they do, are the certificates good at any Diary Queen? Thanks.

Hi. My name is SouthernStyle and I’m a Dairy-Queen-a-holic.

Hi, SouthernStyle.

It started when I was just a child. I was visiting my grandparents and they innocently suggested that “we all go out for ice cream”.

I didn’t know what that meant. After all, I was used to sitting at home eating this rock hard frozen “stuff” that Mom had scooped out of a cardboard box. It was good and all that, but as a kid, I certainly wasn’t go to expell that much effort just for ice cream.

Then we got to the DQ. And a world of possibilites opened up.

The adults told us kids to go ahead and order. My cousins, who had been there many times already, jumped up and shouted their order while I calmly waited in the background trying to take in all of the items on the menu. When it became my turn to order I said that I didn’t know what I wanted so I let the adults go. Finally, being the only one without his “treat”, I ordered a hot-fudge sundae. I didn’t even know what hot fudge was, but since my Dad had ordered one, I was sure it had to be good. And it was.

Here I was, just a little kid and I understood why you would put hot stuff on ice cream!

When I got old enough, I started going to the DQ by myself. At first it was just for the occasional sundae. But I soon discovered the Peanut Buster Parfay. Ohhhh, the inhumanity of it all. My allowance would only allow me to have ONE of these a week. Even then, I had to forego almost everything else just to have that one.

So I grew up. And made more money. And could afford more Dairy Queen treats. Eventually I tried everything on the menu, but I kept going back for those damned Peanut Buster Parfays. Soon, my wasteline and blood pressure began to react, but I could dismiss that as a reaction to my new job. :wink:

It wasn’t until the local DQ changed to a new winter schedule that I realized that I had a problem. I went to the DQ about 9:00 one Sunday night and THEY WERE CLOSED!!! This couldn’t be! How was I every going to get my Sunday goodie???

My date suggested that we try TCBY. This met a lot of resistance on my part. A lot. Here I was trying to get my DQ fix and she wanted me to try YOGURT! Not without a fight I wasn’t. So we sat in the parking lot and argued the comparative worth of YOGURT and Dairy Queen.

Now I was desperate. Partly for the DQ, and partly for the treat that I would miss if I didn’t get her that damned TCBY. So in stoney silence we drove to HER TCBY choice and son-of-a-gun, I discovered that it wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t DQ, but in its own way it was pretty good.

This was really a great night. I missed out on the DQ, but I discovered TCBY and didn’t have my date go home early.

Life again was good. I could subsist on TCBY during the week and enjoy the Peanut Buster Parfay as a weekend treat. My wasteline and blood pressure both declined and I was so much the healthier for it.
Then the local Sonic started serving Oreo cookie shakes…

Sonic chocolate-covered peanut butter shakes…gotta go now.

COUNTY. Alas, not the whole country. Not sure about the policies & practices nationwide.

I do have a little stuffed DQ cone that rides in my car. Does that count for anything?