Dammit-ocd Go Away!!!

Hmmm…Skemper says avoid people who trigger anxiety.

So, I take it you’re leaving?

:wink:

(checking my watch)

Hmmmm, about an hour left to fit in my daily nag. Plenty of time.
Didja go to the doctor? Huh? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja?

I’m infantile so I can keep this up forever, you know.

No more running through threads naked for you, Guin, until you spill;)

[sub]Why do I think this means she’s never going to tell?[/sub]

:o

I couldn’t find the number.

Shut up. I’m looking for it. Trust me, okay?

In the meantime, I’m just sitting around, trying to keep my mind occupied. If I keep myself distracted, it helps.

Jesus H. Christ, that’s the sort of excuse my wife makes, so if I momentarily sound even bossier and more patronizing than usual it’s because I bring a LOT of unranted rants to this post.

Try this: Pick up phone handset. Dial 411. Ask nice person who answers what the doctor’s number is. :rolleyes:

No, really, hon, you need to talk to your doctor soon. Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

I know what you’re going through. I’ve got ADD, OCD, and severe depression. The meds (50 mgs Paxil, 200 mgs Welbutrin, 60 mgs Ritalin) help a lot. But, I can’t hold a job and had to drop out of college.

Re Insurance-I've had problems with this myself. A lot of doctors would just give me a huge case of free samples of a medication instead of writing a prescription. Hopefully, there's someone near you who will do the same.  The obvious upside is that you get the meds you need free of charge. The downsides-you  still have to pay for the sessions, and it takes forever opening all those little bottles and consolidating all the pills into one bottle. Another Bonus-the bottles come with free cotton balls!

Some Coping Strategies

I realise these might not work for you. But, what the heck

Some fears are best dealt with through imaginary defenses. 
   EG-You've just finished watching a horror film. You know that Freddy is not in your house, but you're scared anyway. Everytime you picture Freddy creeping up behind you, just imagine Superman creeping up behind him.   It sounds silly, but it works sometimes.    I'm still trying to find a similiar strategy with some other phobias(Superman is no help when I am afraid to open mail, because I'm sure it's bad news)

Externalize and personify your problems-Rational thought and logic are no help against depression. At a party, surrounded by friends, I can still be depressed. But, I've found an emotional attack on depression can often help.    Talk to your depression and OCD.    eg "I will NOT let you take over my life. I am stronger than you. I will win. I will have my life back. I will beat you."
   Obviously this works best when alone.

Waste Money-I don't mean a massive shopping spree. But, every now and then, get yourself a little present.  After a terrifying appointment, I found a magic shop. When I got home, I was actually singing.
 Hang in there. Remember, It's always darkest before the movie starts.

::runs naked in, on, and around appropriate page of phone book, and all through doctor’s office::

Well, I called and left a message. They should get back to me.

Happy now, people?

I think I’ve run out of things to run naked through. Except, like, a sprinkler system, or GD…

[Mr. Happy joke deleted]

One of these days, you’re going to get frostbite, or a swarm of mosquitos will attack you.

Oh, and I found something-Pringles go a long way towards helping depression.

Yum. Pringles.

Well, see, I run fast enough that even if it’s below freezing, I’m not there long enough to get frostbite.

You did notice that I never walk calmly through threads when it’s cold, didn’t you?:smiley:

One starts to wonder if you streaked the senior prom…

Oooh! Almost didn’t make it in time!
Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja? Didja?

One needn’t wonder. I didn’t go (another thread for another time, if ever).

::as he leaves the thread, punha takes the needle on dropzone’s record player::

Well, if you didn’t go, that doesn’t mean you can’t streak? (I know someone who wasn’t allowed to go for some reason or another-so she bought a ski mask and streaked her prom…ehehehe)

Guin, one of my friends was telling me that Pringles makes corn chips now… you may want to try those if they’re available in your area. I haven’t seen them here myself, but maybe one day…

iampunha, you’d be great at running through a torrential downpour! The only downside is that you’d probably get a major cold, (double) pneumonia, bronchitis, or worse! So I’d recommend not doing that anytime soon, okay? We want you to stay healthy!

“Well, if you didn’t go, that doesn’t mean you can’t streak?”

If you want the brutal truth, I couldn’t stand more than half of the people who went to prom at my school (it wasn’t senior prom, it was just prom). And I didn’t especially want any of them to see me naked, mask or no. Hell, I didn’t want to see them at all.

Flammy, as for running through a torrential downpour … done it. Not naked, but I imagine that’d be better than going with clothes (cold, wet clothes … think about it. I won’t, because you’re a girl and all…).

If you’re going to Dave and Robyn’s wedding though, my advice is to wear clothes.

I’m a little earlier tonight.

(drops the tone arm on his broken record)

shzshhhh… shzshhhh… shzshhhh… shzshhhh… shzshhhh…

Hey! Who took my stylus? Rat Shack won’t open until tomorrow, either.

Guess I have to make an innocent offer to look up the doctor’s number myself. Maybe that’ll work better on Guin than it does on my wife. It REALLY pisses her off.