Damn you, KFC, Damn you and your left-overs!

The Wikipedia page on KFC has a cite for that book. However, I don’t see how you could know that he’s correct in his assertion that it’s just salt, pepper and MSG. That’s assuming that his “source” gave him the right mix and was honest, that the test was accurate and that he reported the results correctly.

Plus, why would they bother with two separate suppliers for the ingredients (as per the below quote from Wikipedia)? What, one company supplies salt and pepper and the other supplies MSG? I’d think they’d get suspicious if their “half” of the 11 herbs and spices was just 1 or 2.

You and William Poundstone know that there are 9 fewer ingredients than previously indicated. That seems likely.

Some southern dude made millions off of salt pepper and msg?

I’d like you to assert your assertion once more, and if possible, send me some free food.

KFC’s brown gravy. Mmm.

Yeeah, what is it with the gravy? You’d swear it was just salt, cornstarch and Brown food coloring, but it’s just so gooood. Is it bad to drink it out of the bowl?

The only thing better than cold, left-over KFC is cold, left-over Popeyes. The extra spices make you forget it’s cold. In fact, when it’s cold, the grease doesn’t drip so it’s not as messy. The mashed potatoes with the little pieces of jalapeno, they’re good cold, also.

I find that the fried chicken from Albertson’s supermarket is consistently even better than KFC, which can occasionally be dried-out. Albertson’s (and most superamrket fried chicken in general) tends to be moister, crispier, and fresher than KFC in my experience.

Actually, Mary Brown’s Chicken (dunno if there are any of those outside Canada) is pretty awesome, too – thinner, more uniform coating (rather like Shake 'n Bake) but incredibly tasty.

KFC’s Gravy – I’m sure there are a few of them there herbs 'n spices in that, too, but whatever it is it’s some good stuff. If they could only do something about their fries. I know they’ve slightly improved over their old, limp fries, but they’re still a little nasty and tasteless.

I think that Pollo Campero’s fried chicken is much better than KFC–the chicken tastes like fresh chicken that has a light breading applied and is freshly cooked. The KFC looks and tastes like a whole bunch of stale, chicken flavored breading has been deep fried in oil that is past its prime and then held under hot lamps for a couple of hours.

Indian food. It’s the only type of food where I can eat the meat leftovers the next day. I have yet to try another cuisine where I don’t sense a strange “smell” in the meat the next day…I think some of the spices in Indian food act as antibacterial agents or preservatives or something. My entire family has this problem…the only creatures eating thanksgiving turkey the next day are the cats.

You are seriously missing out on a good Mulligatwny with Turkey and carcass.

Not strictly Indian, but Indianish… maybe you could start a new tradition and use the leftovers for a treat.

No, you’re not alone. To me the whole essance of a good pizza is the warm ooey gooey cheese. Cool it down to a solid sheet of greasy rubber and I’m done with it.

My sentiments exactly. Now, reheated once (in a real oven – microwaves make the whole pizza ooey-gooey, crust and all) isn’t bad, but straight out of the fridge, it’s rather like chomping into a sheet of dried lard on bread with bits of wilted vegetation on it.

Yecch.