Dating Poll: Let's shatter some stereotypes!

1. How many people have you “dated”? 20-25
    1a. Of these people, how many are still your friends? Actual friends? Maybe 3. Friendly if we bumped into each other on the street? 10-ish
    1b. Of these people, how many do you actively hate? 1
    1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with if you could and your current SO (if one exists) promised no repercussions? 19-24
    1d: What was the average build/weight of these people? Petite to average
    1e. What was the average penis/bust size of these people? Flat, no need for a bra up to D-cup. I’m not choosy.

2. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? 3 or so
    2a. How many people have rejected you after one or two dates? Probably the same 3
    2b. Were the reasons for rejection (either way) usually the same? What were they, if so? Not sure exactly what their reasons were for rejecting me, but probably the same as mine rejecting them- just didn’t hit it off, no chemistry.

30 y/o female… three long-term relationships that lasted 3+ years each (including my current one), a bunch of short-term relationships that fizzled within 3-4 mths, and rather eventful forays into the dating world during my periods of singledom.

1. How many people have you “dated”? (Dating, in this case, meaning you actively called them your girlfriend/boyfriend)
Somewhere between 15-20, I’d guess.
1a. Of these people, how many are still your friends?
Close friends with 4 (including The Boy, as we’re technically still “dating”), and on good terms with another 3.
1b. Of these people, how many do you actively hate?
3 (aka the Deadbeat, the Liar and the Cheat)
1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with if you could and your current SO (if one exists) promised no repercussions?
In bizarro world? 2. In reality, 0, since the reason I don’t cheat has nothing to do with repercussions from my SO.
1d: What was the average build/weight of these people?
n/a - ranges anywhere from 5’4" slim athletic build to 6’4" festively plump teddy bears, and everything in between.
1e. What was the average penis/bust size of these people?
As varied as the average build/weight (though not always in correlation with build/weight)

2. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands)
Too many to count (I’ve gone on a lot of blind/internet dates in my time)
2a. How many people have rejected you after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands, too.)
See above.
2b. Were the reasons for rejection (either way) usually the same? What were they, if so?
Usually it was that things didn’t really “click”. Doesn’t need to be more specific than that… if there’s no spark within the first couple of dates (either physically or mentally), there’s really no point in wasting anyone’s time in trying to create one.
One guy did say that I was too fat for his tastes, though, and another was pissed off that I didn’t want to put out on the first date. Obviously, I’m crying over those missed opportunities. :slight_smile:

**1. How many people have you “dated”? (Dating, in this case, meaning you actively called them your girlfriend/boyfriend)
[COLOR=“Blue”]-Maybe 15-20

-All, although we’ve not kept in touch.

-None

1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with if you could and your current SO (if one exists) promised no repercussions?

• 1 or 2

-Varied alot, at least a foot in height, average builds

-Also varied a lot. Being a doper, my penis is huge.

1. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands)
    -2 or 3

2a. How many people have rejected you after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands, too.)

2b. Were the reasons for rejection (either way) usually the same? What were they, if so?
-They were as varied as the people.
**[/COLOR]

1. How many people have actively called your boyfriend ? **I’m 41, female, currently married, and started dating at seventeen. Nine boyfriends. **

1a. Of these people, how many are still your friends? Two.
1b. Of these people, how many do you actively hate? None, as I don’t see them anymore. However, two of them, in hindsight, make me wonder what I saw in them at the time.
1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with if you could and your current SO (if one exists) promised no repercussions? Maybe one… no, not even that one. **
1d: What was the average build/weight of these people? A
ll but one were average to well built. Looks are important to me, and I looked good myself at the time. One guy wasn’t taller then I was, but that didn’t bother me. One guy was a bit overweight. One had an unattractive face. **
1e. What was the average penis size of these people? **One small, one large, the rest average. **

1. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands) **Not really applicable. I met quite a few people either at dating sites/paper ads, and then you just don’t make another appointment. The others I met a mutual hobbyclubs, and then things are more gradual as well. Anyway, of the nine “acknowledged” longer-term relationships I had, one rejected me outright. Three relationships ended because we both didn’t care enough about each other anymore to make good after the final fight or slight. With four relationships, I was the one doing the breaking up. **

2a. How many people have rejected you after one or two dates?
That is a higher number, I’d say four. Besides my nine relationships, I have had about four stretched “three-night stands”, where sex happened, (I’m a slut that way) but we never got around to calling each other boyfriend or girlfriend. With those, I was always the rejected one. Men who are attracted to my looks apparently need to get used to my quirks before falling in love. :slight_smile:

2b. Were the reasons for rejection (either way) usually the same? What were they, if so? Quite often it was my weirdness.

I felt kind of wrong about including penis size since it’s really not comparable to bust size but it’s the closest equivalent I could think of. Men (and women) that would judge women by the content of their sweaters are usually able to gauge their bust size on a first look-over. But women (and men) that would judge on penis size usually have to wait until they’re, ah, committed to the act before they can judge it. Unless of course the person they’re giving the once-over is smuggling a log in his pants. shrug

Is there a fairer male equivalent? Should I have included the washboardiness of abs? Or maybe I should have left it at “build” and left out 1e.

1. How many people have you “dated”? (Dating, in this case, meaning you actively called them your girlfriend/boyfriend)
Eleven, not including my husband.

Four

None, the non-friends ones are just that we’ve drifted out of touch.

Three

All over the map - I’ve dated guys my height (5’4), a guy a foot taller than me who’s built like a rake, muscle guys, and the just kind of average.

. . . Average, really. Sufficient to my needs. I honestly never measured.

2. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands)
Twenty or so.

Maybe another ten.

Sometimes the guys were scarily clingy after just a few dates, sometimes we just didn’t click at all, sometimes we didn’t click physically and evolved a platonic friendship instead. I also briefly dated a few women who then decided that they weren’t that into women after all. Plus the one guy who was an asshole to our taxi driver and then refused to entertain the idea of using a condom.

Neither.
Just one, the current SO.
First one was 5’4", maybe 160lbs. Second one is 6’, 280lbs.
Don’t know for the first. Perfect for the second :stuck_out_tongue:

One.
None.
The guy I turned down after one day was one I’d been interested in off and on for almost 10 years. The date was to see if I was ready for another round of “on” or if it was as I suspected, “off” for good. It was. It sucked, we actually liked each other a lot, but just seemed incapable of getting together.

Quote:

1. How many people have you “dated”? Around 20 I would guess.
    1a. Of these people, how many are still your friends? 3
    1b. Of these people, how many do you actively hate? 0
    1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with if you could and your current SO (if one exists) promised no repercussions? 0
    1d: What was the average build/weight of these people? average slightly muscular
    1e. What was the average penis/bust size of these people? average I guess.

2. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? 10
    2a. How many people have rejected you after one or two dates? honestly I can’t remember ever being the dumpee quite that soon.
    2b. Were the reasons for rejection (either way) usually the same? No “spark”

Rough guess, about 20-30

Most of them, except I don’t really live nearby or keep in touch. But if I saw them somewhere we’d be amicable and occasional an old flame would get in touch and maybe we’d have lunch or something.

None, although there was one with some animosity.

Most of them of course. :wink: Seriously, I’m not positive but my instinct is that sex = good

Range from 4-11" - 6’0, mostly slim to average build.

I don’t like big boobs (actively dislike), so at most maybe a C-D, average somewhere in the A-B range, I guess (never really noticed)

Um, a lot.

Hard to say, somewhere between zero and a lot.

A lot of different reasons: not enough “spark”; too much divergent interests; sometimes once you spend enough time with someone, what seems like a good idea isn’t anymore; someone else more interesting won out; relationship was mostly physical; didn’t want commitment at that time; random crazy shit; other.

1. How many people have you “dated”? (Dating, in this case, meaning you actively called them your girlfriend/boyfriend) About seven.

1a. Of these people, how many are still your friends? None.

1b. Of these people, how many do you actively hate? Hate’s not quite the right word. There are two that I pity/have no use for.

1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with if you could and your current SO (if one exists) promised no repercussions? None.

1d: What was the average build/weight of these people? Wiry to heavy.

1e. What was the average penis/bust size of these people? A variety. (I may not read every word of this thread, but I did pay attention to everyone’s answer to this question!)

1. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands) I lost count during the first Bush administration.

2a. How many people have rejected you after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands, too.) Lost count during the first Bush administration.

2b. Were the reasons for rejection (either way) usually the same? What were they, if so? [del]No spark, no serious intentions.[/del] Wait, I want to use Shibboleth’s answer! He put more work into his.

I should add, and I haven’t even looked in the other thread, that I went through a “phase” in my early twenties, where I was, somewhat at least, the bad guy.

This sort of started when I had a date lined up with a very attractive young woman who had actively pursued me, then she told me, the day before the date, that she and her boyfriend from up north, had gotten back together. But we could still go out, in her opinion. This ticked me off, so I asked almost every girl I knew to go out to the concert that night, about seven in total. Then I stood them all up and went with a buddy of mine. My roommate (female, girlfriend of my buddy) got calls all night from these young ladies asking where I was. Over the next few days I got calls from most or all of them asking when we were going out. I treated them like a jerk, and it just got them more interested.

Now I’m not much of a jerk by nature, and I’m older and wiser, and (sort of) regret doing that, beyond the object lesson involved. But we were all young, and I have to think that most of them wouldn’t react the same way now, either. Most of these were women working sort of low end, blue collar jobs, like waitressing (Servers hadn’t been invented yet) or working in small retail stores. I was a waiter, relatively decent looking, with a few things going for me, and a couple of bad habits as well. The girls I dated in high school tended to be brainy but cute (one is a rocket scientist now, another went to Harvard on a full ride, two were valedictorians of their schools, one was in Playboy), but after high school I dropped out of college and was aimless for a while, working construction, waiting tables, partying and sleeping around, and I was mostly interested in “attractive, available, and not too annoying”. Very few people can or do continue that much past their early thirties, at least in my experience.

When I stopped being a jerk and started being human (nice guy) again, I still could attract women, just they tended to be different women.

1. How many people have you “dated”?

Depends what you mean by “friends”. I only regularly keep in touch with one, but would have no problem striking up a conversation with any of them if we ran into each other.

**1b. Of these people, how many do you actively hate? **

1c. Of these people, how many would you have no-strings-attached-sex with…
Maybe 6 or 7 of them.

Ranged from Slim to Athletic build. Averaged height around 5’5". Average weight around 115-120 lbs.

1e. What was the average bust size of these people?
Ranged from A - D with the average around a B.

2. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? This includes one-night stands)
20?

Usually just didn’t “click”.

1 (my wife)

Three were thin, one was a bit chubby.

All had small breasts.

In both cases, it was simply that one person wasn’t interested in the other.

This is really hard. Including when I was young:

4 gals, at least 8 guys
    Actively, none. I’m still in touch with 2 of the girls, and maybe 2 of the guys.
    None. Thinking of some of them makes me :rolleyes: though
    I never had a completely satisfying sex life with any of them, but maybe one or two of them might make for a hot one off, although there’s more people on my ‘dated briefly or had a casual encounter with’ that would qualify than my ‘boyfriend/girlfriend’ list
    Most of them were reasonably fit but not especially so
    The two girls I dated before college were not terribly attractive, but the two girls I dated in college were in my opinion smoking hot. The unattractive ones had big boobs but mostly because they were overweight. The hot girls had average to slightly small boobs. As for the guys there was a great range of sizes, although most were a little bigger than me, say 6.5-8". Having foreskin was more important to me than size though, and to a lesser degree, shape/appearance.
    Way too many to count
    Way too many to count
    The early girls I wasn’t really attracted to. The latter girls I found hot, but I figured out I was just more into guys. For guys, depends. Usually just a lack of chemistry. Sometimes a lack of general attraction. Smoking was a deal breaker, as was excessive drinking or drug use. Being too needy or being not affectionate enough. Talking too much and not listening enough. Too much bickering. Being overly indecisive. Being overly amped up. Smelly feet. Incompatible sexually. Overly negative. I’m sure there’s more.
    As for rejecting me, didn’t always get helpful feedback. I know that early on I tended to move a little too quick for the guys I was dating. Later probably mostly chemistry. A few were too young or immature to want a relationship. One guy decided he couldn’t handle being gay and found religion. One guy was overly sensative.
  1. How many people have you “dated”?

About 10.

Zero. (except the wife!)

Zero.

All.

Slight, to downright skinny.
Average? probably B cup.

1. How many people have you rejected going out with after one or two dates? (This includes one-night stands)
    About 100.

About 5.

Never knew.

Four
One…we’re friendly, but not friends.
Zero. I may not ever talk to them again, but I don’t hate them.
One, maybe. In a weak moment.
Taller, around 6 feet. Athletic build - broad shoulders, narrow waist, toned but not bulging muscles. Good-looking.
Average, maybe slightly on the larger side.

Two
Four
In my case, just not enough interest to pursue further. In their case, who knew? They never bothered to tell me.

Male, heterosexual, 36 years old.

Eight, including two marriages.

Only my current wife. My ex-wife and I are civil, but I wouldn’t say we’re “friends”. The others I’ve just lost touch with - if I were in contact with any of them we’d probably be somewhat friendly.

None of them.

Probably any of them, but I haven’t given the matter much thought.

They’re all fairly slim, but one of them was a lot taller than me.

Mm, I don’t really recall, which suggests that most of them were presumably within the range of “normal”.

A few. Can’t remember really - less than 5.

One that I can think of.

“We were drunk, it wasn’t a good idea”. Nearly always the case.

Male, hetero, 29, married for three years and change.

Since high school, something on the order of 15. I keep having to increment this number as I recall one-two month relationships in the contexts of lower questions

Counting people who’d talk to me but whom I’m not currently in touch with? Probably on the order of 5–several of the high school exes WERE my friends well into college but we drifted apart.

One, the one who falsely accused me of raping her months after we’d broken up.

All but two–the aforementioned crazy and one who went on a random-sex binge after breaking up and was sleeping with drug users.

Varies wildly, from 5’1" and around 225lbs, to 5’2" 110lbs, to 6’4" and 235lbs (she was a black belt and on Jeopardy, too wistful sigh), to 6’1" and 120lbs (ah, the mythical size 00.)

Varies wildly, from AA to H.

Approximately 2-3. I tended to have a pretty good sense of what I wanted long and could reject people that incompatible before we even got to dating.

One.

Most of the time it was for gross personality incompatibility in a way that was unclear on meeting/as friends but thrown into sharp relief upon dating.