Dave Mathews Band, thy hath wasted my f***ing time

That’s not ture. Most bands that get massive radio airtime in the last 10 years sound the same.

So the band’s got a fiddle. I don’t think that makes them light years from the mainstream.

Still, DMB whips the shit out of <shudder> Third Eye Blind. (The original bland number band)

I like Dave Matthews Band. ::pout:: I agree with Peyote Coyote.

Argh! Ruined the post with a silly face, that should be ::pout::

Shocking.

My former perky little office-mate downloaded 3 or 4 Dave songs from Napster and played them all day, every day, 5 days a week. I couldn’t tell you which songs, since they all sound the same, but I know they had some high pitched crooning and violin and I couldn’t make out the words. It drove me fucking insane - I finally brought in some headphones and pitched them across the room at her one day.

Jack Batty- I’ll tell you then! I like Radiohead. They might be the only thing saving rock now. I like Moby. He is constantly making a new sound and is good listening for all genres. I like Aphex Twin because he uses a Roland 101 better than anyone I know. I enjoy the sound of Duncan Sheik, a man who really should have gotten more radio time. I also enjoy Louis Armstrong. And Orgy. Hey, I like their glam-rock stlye. It’s laughable!

I don’t like Dave because he doesn’t have the guts to try different sounds. I like those who branch out. Dave just stays with his prep-rock.

I still hate the groupies.

Dave Mathews Band sucks. That’s it they just suck, suck, suck, suck.
Lame ass shit.

“Dont drink the water…” fer fucks sake! shoot yourself.
…and while I am at it, this thread wasted my time as well, fuck!

Red, I like Radiohead too. I’ll agree with you that as cutting edge rock goes, they’re the only saving grace. I haven’t been exposed too much to the other bands you named, so I guess I can’t call you names.

But … Dave Matthews’ guitar technique is exceptionally good. His arrangements aren’t as cut and dried as you’re making them out to be. His drummer is one of the funkiest in mainstream rock. So he’s not on the vanguard, cutting a revolutionary swath through pop radio. Who cares? The guy can play guitar and his songs don’t suck.

I just don’t see how one can rail against Dave Matthews while NSYNC and O-Town continue to draw breath. Come on people, lets get our priorities in order here.