David Bowie has died

:mad:

:frowning:

What a loss. Bowie gave us so many iconic music and film moments it seems like he packed about 10 lives worth of living and art into his 69 years.

RIP

Yup. This one’s pretty painful. :frowning:

Wow. Just wow.

I am fucking shocked. I had no idea he was even ill.

RIP you musical genius. The world mourns. I hope that you are singing with Freddie as I type.

Not much to say really; his music speaks for itself.

Solid working class local lad who worked so hard right from school - with Frampton and his dad - through to silly jobs in books shops to playing the bandstand at tiny summer festivals. Angie was important then.

Hope Ronson’s tuned up with his Marshall stack ready: have a great gig.

I’m not handling this well. I’ve grown so old. It’s all gone by so fast.

We, maybe not. That was a difficult time. I believe Roger represented Queen for the mixing :wink:

My greatest musical hero, gone. Had no idea he was sick. I’m in a shock, and this is the first time ever, as far as celebrity deaths go.

RIP, you’re up there in space now.

Sadly, Netflix streaming “retired” that movie less than a month ago (along with Dark Crystal), so having a nostalgia evening won’t pan out. It looks like their Bowie Movie selection is abysmal.

Sort of. One pupil was dilated after getting punched in the face, but he was born with “normal” same-colored eyes.

RIP, Ziggy. :frowning:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Fuck this and no! No, no,no. Oh fuck this.

Was it the latest episode of “The Simpson”? Bart’s new teacher’s cat had two differently colored eyes and was named Bowie.

When I first saw this news on-line, I assumed it was a hoax. He just released a new album a few days ago so it just seemed too close to be believed. Unfortunately, I was proved wrong when the story broke on CNN an hour ago.

This one does hurt. I grew up listening to his music. I was learning English when I first discovered him. Thanks for everything, you wonderful man. RIP. You are loved.

This is Major Tom to Ground Control. R.I.P. David.

Yes. Yes! Exactly this.

[expletive deleted]

Say ‘Hi,’ to John for us, Mr Jones.

Space Oddity was my very first record. A badly warped copy had been found by a family friend on the side of the road. She gave it to me and I listened to it over and over.

“The sun machine is coming down and we’re gonna have a party! yeah yeah…”

RIP

I really hope he’s in Zoolander 2. His cameo in the 1st was a highlight

I’m listening to Blackstar now, and in hindsight it’s astonishing. Bowie knows he’s dying, so he decides not to make a quietly valedictory retrospective or give the old songs {and how many songs there were} another last bash, but heads off in a completely new direction one final time to give us some moody, challenging free jazz bodily shackled to some great pop songs. David Bowie, you bloody magnificent bastard.

After listening to the new album and now hearing he’s been sick through the whole thing, it makes sense. Lyrics to Blackstar and Lazarus, there’s so much obvious now knowing he knew his time was short when he wrote them.

His music has been part of my life since I was born. Labrynth has been my answer to “what’s your favorite movie?” forever, and the amazing Bowie Is exhibit was at the MCA in Chicago just over a year ago - knowing now that he was already sick when that exhibit was touring. I’m just even more glad now that I made sure to go.

Damn.