"Dead Like Me" Showtime--Grim Reapers I'm late, it's gone

I had a friend get me into this show about life of a teenage grim reaper and all her reaper friends. This slacker teenager dies in a freak accident involving a space ship and a toilet seat. Her new journey shows her all about what she was missing in her life in a funny way. Her along with her reaper friends who can’t ‘cross over’ yet cause the have something to learn of their own. I really like the scenes where she goes back to visit her family but they don’t know its her.
Did they cancel the show? I haven’t been able to get past episode 29 on showtime :mad:

Yeah, it was cancelled a while back with only 29 episodes. It’s a shame too, since it was a good show. I thought they were losing their edge a little towards the end of the 2nd season (too much focus on the Lass family), but certainly not to the extent that I didn’t want to watch it.

I loved the show, my wife got me hooked on it. We dropped Showtime and picked up NetFlix instead. I was very happy to find both seasons available on NetFlix.

MGM was the producer of Dead Like Me and they are trying to find a commercial network to pick up a third season. http://www.deadlikeme.tv/index.php

I wonder how those 3rd season negotiations are going! I actually liked knowing a little more about her family, cause streams of reaper stories I think would get alittle old. But I can see where it would get a little soap opera ish if let to go too far. I loved the episode where the gravling came to life w/ Daisy etc.
I was really getting into the characters and there own indivdual stories when the rug was pulled out from underneath me.

I hate that we’ll lose Rube. I doubt they can get Mandy Patinkin back.
Hopefully they could at least keep Callum Blue as Mason. He’s the funniest part of the show.

I love Mandy Patankin!! Sage. I saw that he was going to be in some other show this fall, some crime or law show or something. I dig the relationship he has w/ everyone–tough guy but not really. And I get a kick out of how his comments and stories have hidden meanings that makes you want to scream to the tv-“Don’t you get it?!” A very intense character,but humorous at the same time.

Mason is so funny cause we all know someone a little like him and he has a lot of room for, say “development” .

Exactly.

Mandy does have a new show, this is the basis of my fear. “Criminal Minds” (2005) TV Series (filming) … Gideon
I wonder if Inigo ever saw “Dead like me”, he should like it.

I imagine if show goes back on we’ll lose half the cast.
I could care less about her Parents, they’re replacable.
Office staff, Doris needs to stay.
Reeper: Mason is the only absolutely vital one to me, Though I love Roxy Tude and I like seeing Daisy.
I would guess they could probably recast George but hopefully she would come back. See is not currently involved in any projects I can see.

“Inigo?”
I think George and Daisy and Blue are prob able to come back, but without an 'explanation" for where Mandy went, it would be indeed very hard to replace them. Maybe they will torture us like HBO has with The Sopranos, and make us wait 2 years, when everyone ‘gets around’ to it. But maybe that shoud be a PIT topic…
I will be watching Criminal Minds cause I think he is awesome.

Mandy played Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride. It was his most famous role.

One of the members goes by username Inigo Montoya. So it was just a silly little joke/aside.

[QUOTE=jrfranchi]
Mandy played Inigo Montoya in Princess Bride. It was his most famous role.

I’ve been meaning to see that. Once they unlock my door to the cave, I will go to Erol’s and rent the tape. :smiley:
Oh God I need to stay in more!

I used to watch the show and I found it pretty enjoyable the first season. I found that it wasn’t must watch television when I missed an episode or two and didn’t really care. The writing wasn’t bad, the premise was pretty good, the actors did a good job, but despite all that I found the series to move along at a snail’s pace.

Marc

This is one of those weird shows that is difficult to get into as a casual viewer. Nothing makes sense if you don’t catch the early episodes. But once you figure out what’s going on, it’s quite interesting. I can’t say I’m a huge fan, but if I’m flipping channels and it’s on, it draws my attention and I have to watch. Of the episodes I have seen, my favorite is the one where Daisy reaps the Priest. It is compelling drama.