Dealing with People We Hate

Diane, I’ve been reading kellibelli’s attempts to spread unrest, and I hafta disagree. I’ve run across her postings on a number of other threads, and, besides her beef with the moderators, they don’t seem overly whiny to me. What I do see is that your attempts to show her the error of her ways took an awful personal turn in a big hurry.

Now I’m all in favor of stirrin’ up the shit bucket on a fairly regular basis, but if I’m pissed at the dog next door for barking, I sure as hell don’t tease it through the fence hoping that’ll shut him up. Most likely the noise’ll get worse…

I think kelli had a valid point. Maybe she didn’t go thru the proper channels (whatever the hell those are on a public access MESSAGE BOARD), but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a case for some seemingly selective cnsr*ng of topics and threads now and again.

If it ain’t your cup of tea, don’t drink it.

Z

abusus non tolit usus

Go back and read the “Frankie and Johnny and the Vicious Dog Thread”. It may make the dog bark louder, but it is still fun to poke.

Unlike Kellibelli, I don’t have the time to read every single thread on this board to know whether or not she writes whine-free posts. All I know is that within a three day period, she was filling the MB with whiny original posts and I could no longer fight to urge to cyber-slap her. :slight_smile:

>^,^<
KITTEN

Coarse and violent nudity. Occasional language.

Remember, folks, Kelli is a single mom dealing with kids, work and a dying Mom. She and I have had some disagreements, but if anyone has the right to be whiney . . .

Yes, yes, I know, you ALL may be going through crises as well (as may I). But I haven’t seen anything of Kelli’s that upset me. Maybe I’m reading the wrong threads?

Gee thanks flora…now I wish I hadnt been so snotty to ya about that Why the HELL…thing. :slight_smile:
you must read alot of my posts, because you sure know alot about me…I think I’ll take a cue from the wise stoidela, and just ignore the annoying.

“Screw you guys…I’m goin’ home!”

Not to keep this going, but since you asked, I was referring to the following threads:

“Well Goodmorning to You”

“Let Me Call Your Attention To. . .:”

“That Stupid F-ing Ad With the Pill”

“Ok, Enough’s Enough’s”

Or any of the other posts that appeared within that three day period that were nothing more than bitching about the SDMB. It got old. It got annoying. I said something.

Call me intolerant of the annoying, but the continuous whining made me wonder why she stuck around if it was so bad, that’s why I asked. Think of it as me asking the man, complaining of a headache, why he doesn’t stop hitting himself in the head with the hammer.

BTW - I am a single mom of two teenagers and an 8 year old. I just lost a good friend to AIDS and am currently watching someone very dear to me waste away from Leukemia. My family just stumbled through my little brother’s 12 birthday, had he not been hit by a car and killed a couple of years ago. My mother is currently being tested for cancer. There is a good possibility that my son will need a major, dangerous back surgery that may leave him paralyzed. They think my daughter may have juvenile diabetes.

I don’t believe in using these things as an excuse for my actions. My clients are disabled and homeless veterans. You haven’t seen how tough life can be until you see how others live (if you can call it living). It kind of puts things into perspective and makes you thankful for what you have.

>^,^<
KITTEN

Thus, your reaction to a life of hardships is to ‘cyber-slap’ someone else? Cuz they rub you the wrong way over the course of three days?! I certainly hope you’re a whole lot nicer to the folks you work with (I imagine you are).

The Message Board is fivolity at its finest, get into the spirit, roll with the punches, but there’s no need to get personal. Flame, sure, but remember, he who laughs last thinks slowest…

Z

No - it’s simple Zoony. . .

She was whining, I told her to shut the hell up. Period.

>^,^<
KITTEN

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Oh and one more thing.

I do treat my clients a little differently than I treat others, for obvious reasons, but sometimes they need someone to tell them that their actions are not appropriate.

But we aren’t talking about my clients.

I am a very nice person in real life as well as on here. However, if I think someone is whining (I don’t mean once or twice, but continuously), in person or on a message board, I will eventually say something - I ain’t bashful.

Whine around me in real life and I will be just as likely to tell you to knock it off just as will say it here.

I ain’t the boss or a moderator or even God. You don’t have to stop whining just cause I say so, but on the same hand, I can still call you a whiner.

>^,^<
KITTEN

lol I guess Im a asshole…if I dislike someone…I try even harder to annoy to crap outta them and antagonize them even more. guess i enjoy controversy too much lol

Ahhhh - finally someone who gets it!

I like you already. :slight_smile:

P.S. Can I have your boyfriend? :wink:

>^,^<
KITTEN

lol Diane. you can if you share :slight_smile:

Diane,
I noticed in an earlier post that you mentioned your son having back surgery. If it is a spinal fusion, I have first hand info about it. E-mail me if you want to discuss :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Suzette
suzette100@yahoo.com

See folks? Even in the pit we can be nice :wink:

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

{{{On the other hand, I can appreicate the amusment value of bugging people just because. But when you are sincerely lacking in any affection, respect, admiration, interest or even amusement, your best bet is to treat them as though they do not even exist.}}}—Stoidela

Hmmmmmmm…

IRL: I just treat 'em real nice! Pisses 'em off even more, and they don’t have anything that they can hold against me.

HERE: Ignore.

Kalél
(The Original EnigmaOne)
Common ¢ for all ages.

Thanks! I would be interested in any information you can give to me.

My oldest son has scoliosis. He will have x-rays in a few weeks to see if he has stopped growing and if the degree of curve has increased and if so at what rate. If it has increased even 2 degrees (I think it is at 34 now), the possibility of back surgery is 90%. They have already told me the risks and they are scary.

I have my fingers crossed for the best-case scenerio, that he has stopped growing and that the curvature has decreased or not changed. If so, he should be able to get by with certain exercise.

FWIIW - I don’t know if this interests anyone by me, but I found it fascinating that the way to tell if a child is done growing is by taking x-rays of the pelvic area. It the pelvic bone has filled in a certain area completely, the child is done growing.

Heather - I better let you have him :slight_smile: I don’t share well.

>^,^<
KITTEN

Living well is the best revenge.

“Always do right. It gratifies some people and astonishes the rest.” --Mark Twain

Tennhippie:

Amen to that!

Although that’s one of those things that I had to actually experience to really believe. When I did I found it remarkable how satisfying it really can be. Drains all the bile right outta ya.

Stoid

I am #1. Everyone else is #2 or lower.

Diane,
I had that exact surgery- spinal fusion- I’ve got two 18 inch titanium rods in my back, along with screws, pins and stuff. I am happy to discuss it with you (off the boards) and give you some first-hand info. The prospects are scary, and people just telling you about it is not the same as hearing from someone who actually went under the knife. Drop me an e-mail and we’ll talk :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

Thanks Zette! I really appreciate it!

I am not on my home computer so initiating an e-mail by clicking on your icon will send my message from an account I don’t use (unless I am on my home computer then it works). Technical stuff that I don’t really understand. :slight_smile:

Please send any information you have to the e-mail address in my header (yes, it really is SweetCheeks@Buttmail.zzn.com :wink: ) and I will be able to access it.

Thanks again!

>^,^<
KITTEN

While agree with much of what has been said here, I don’t agree with the whole ‘poking the dog through the fence for your own amusement’ thing. I have been working in the service industry for 15 years and treating the people you dislike the most with the greatest deference is the only high ground. As for poking the dog, what’s the matter with y’all, have you never been on the other side of the fence in your life?