Dear Lord, I found a job.

It’s been tentative for about a week, but I got and signed the official paperwork today.

I have 8 weeks left of unemployment, $255 left in my savings account, and a signed contract. I feel lighter, safer, and like tonight I am going to sleep good for the first time in months. If I wasn’t too excited to go to sleep. I seriously could dance on the ceiling.

I don’t know why I’m telling y’all. I’m just telling everyone. I’m going to go to a Catholic Church and go in the booth and tell the priest.

Great news! I think you need the rest too.

Congrats!

My job annoys the hell out of me, and (without being snarky at all) it’s posts like yours which remind me I’m a lucky girl.

Get some sleep and good luck!! :slight_smile:

Well done!

YAY!

Obsidian: Of course I’m not Catholic Father!

• Priest: Then why are you telling me this?*

** Obsidian: Just you? Hell, I’m telling everyone I can find**
Congratulations and good job. I am sure you will do great.

Congratulations. Wishing you luck and joy in your new career! :slight_smile:

Congrats!

YAY!

Wouldn’t an evangelical church work better? You can yell it at the congregation and they, like us, will yell back
Hallellujah praise the Lord!

Forgive me, Father, for I have made doodie.

Congrats, Obsidian. Might I ask if your username has anything to do with your profession?

Thanks for the good wishes. :slight_smile:

This is absolutely the most frivolous thread I’ve ever made. I’m just so happy this unemployment nightmare is over. I know I don’t have it as bad as many do-- my husband works for the federal gov’t so we’ve had one reliable income and health insurance. But his was the lesser income so it’s been really tight.

lieu, it’s totally unrelated. I am neither a geologist, not a game developer.

Congrats!

Obsidian, about six years ago, the company my husband was working for went out of business right from under him. On Friday he had a job, and on Monday there was no company there! :eek: And, since I was a SAHM, he was the sole wage-earner. He shuffled to find another job fast, but was seriously under-employed for two years.

Those two years sucked. We were seriously so broke that several times we got governmental help with our heating costs, and regularly used food pantries.

After two years, he managed to land a federal job he’d been angling for the whole time. Whew.

All I’m saying is, I can so identify with your sense of relief!

Congratulations and best of luck!!

Good for you. I’m regularly trying to console folks who are three, five, eleven months out of work. Just from observing that, the helplessness alone has to suck.

this is fantastic news!

i’m so happy for you and hope everything goes well at the new job.

whhooooo hoooooo!

Hey, it’s not frivolous to express feeling at a pivotal point in your life. Just the idea of not having a job has inspired me to panic (I’m switching jobs right now, and am terrified of it not working out). I can completely empathize with your relief and joy at having this weight off your shoulders.

Absolutely have the best of luck in your new adventure!

Well done!

Very glad to hear it! Hope great times are ahead.

Yeah! Congrats! Sleep well - you’ve earned it!