Dear Og, please stop with the smiting

It’s been a long month around here, that’s just gone from bad to suck.

In mid-June I broke my elbow when I dimounted unceremoniously from my bicycle. It’s healing, but nobody’s sure how much function I’ll get back. My boss was able to drive me to work while I had the splint on, and I got to know him a bit better. Silver linings, eh?

Two days after my accident, a friend’s son, who can’t be more than eight, came down with apendicitis. He seems to be doing well.

Two weeks later my bosses son got run over by a car. Not hit, run over. We don’t know if he’s going to make it or not.

July has to be better, right?

Right?

Sorry June was such a bad month - hope the bad is all over and the rest of the year goes smoothly. My thoughts are with you - and your boss’s family.

Right.

I believe that there is a “cluster effect” for just about any kind of occurance, good or bad. So, assuming that you manage to get through a week or so of nothing seriously bad happening to you and yours, I would say things will be looking up for you, or at least on an even keel, this next month.

Hell, maybe about Novemberish, a bunch of really good stuff will happen to counterbalance June.

Please, dear Og, stop smiting me, too. I don’t care to go into all the happenings, but goddamn, can you stop already? I keep trying to be cheerful about it all but it gets harder and harder.

Waa.