DFW Dopers - it's time for our annual Christmas party!

Sylphishone and I should be able to come. The only day that won’t work for us is the 20th, otherwise we are moderately available anytime.

And now I’ve found out that my extended family Christmas will be on the 27th, although I don’t know what times yet. It might be possible for us to have an evening meeting though, but not at my place.

Another bash I want to go to, but may not be able to. Darn. I will be driving through the Dallas/Richardson/Plano area on Sunday Dec. 21st, though. And back again on… let me see… Sometime on the 1st. Oh, dear. That’s going to be fun.

Well, let me know what is decided, I’m leaving here late Sat, the 20th, and won’t have 'net access after that till I get back.

bumpity bump bump

I can host it if we can decide on a day.

Schedule shifted around a bit. We’re open on the 26th now, that’s Friday. Not sure if that helps anything, but we’re open that night thanks to a change of plans.

Enjoy,
Steven

I will be stopping by Lord Jim’s new digs sometime this Sunday for a quick visit, on our way up to Wis. Shall I wave at the rest of you, since it is looking like I may miss you this time?

We’re still available any Saturday…

Hm. Y’all wanna come tomorrow? Anyone else up for this short notice? I’m figuring you could go to Greenville, then take US-380 west to McKinney, then come down US-75 (a US highway that acts like an Interstate) and meet folks from the northern Dallas suburbs.

We’ll be heading up IH-35, then hooking up with State Hwy 75 on our way out of Texas. The current plan is to leave about 0600 on Dec 21. (That’s 6:00am to you non-military types.) I’m guessing that will put us at or around Lord Jim’s… hmm… noonish or so?

I will get a last chance to check this thread just before bedtime Sat eve. After that, no net access for a while.

I’m afraid tomorrow’s a bit too short-notice for us. Maybe January 10, and we could take racinchikki to Billy Bob’s for her birthday?

Rats. I keep hoping to meet up with you two. But, Jan 10 is out for me, I’m sorry to say. Having major dental work done on the 5th, and I doubt I’ll be in any shape to drive that far, much less eat solid food.

I’ll just have to keep trying, I reckon.
{{{{{{Gunslinger & racinchikki}}}}}}

Oh, dear. To think you’ll have my birthday ruined by dental work. I’ll liquify a cupcake for you and you can have it through a straw… ?

(Am I awful for thinking that wouldn’t taste too bad?)

Now there’s a thought. Liquid cupcake. Hmm… It might not taste too bad, if I could get past how it will undoubtedly look. Dare I ask what color the cake and the frosting will be? picturing something that will look vaguely grey-greenish or worse

We’ll just have to play it by ear, and see how I’m feeling as that gets closer. Thank you for the invite, though.

We could just feed you margaritas. Slurps through a straw. Numbs the pain. WIN!

One of the all-time classic SDMB discussions (GD? I think) was about whether a pizza is still a pizza after being puréed in a blender. It made Threadspotting, and I’d link to it, but it was apparently lost in the Winter of Our Missed Content.

Okay. How about December 27th at my apartment? Say 6ish? Anyone who can make it just email me (gracetx@comcast.net) for directions.

I’m not sure yet. You live so far away, I’m just not sure I can make it.

Well I’m assuming since I haven’t heard from anyone that this year’s Christmas party is a NO GO. How about we shelve the plans and try to get together when it’s a better time for everyone?

Damn, And I just moved away from IRVING last year!:smack:

So…is it time yet to start planning for racinchikki’s birthday party?