Diablo II: Resurrected Announced for 2021 release

Diablo II: Resurrected Announcement Trailer

When I first heard about the announcement I was like “Meh, I loved that game and played it for years but I don’t think I would want to play it again now even with better graphics.”

Then I watched the trailer and now I’m thinking I the visual improvements will be bigger QoL upgrades than I thought so I’ll probably jump into it. I’m particularly interested in the improved lighting, higher resolution/aspect ratio and dramatically improved frame rate.

Whaddya think?

I was surprised they converted everything to 3D rather than lazily upscaling the art. That was a really good decision and looks great.

But I think that chapter of my life is closed. I played enough. Onward to Diablo 4.

I hope they have the guts to not modernize the gameplay. More recent games (such as Diablo III) have made some big mistakes in the name of “balance”, like making everything level with you, and seriously nerfing team buffs.

And on a side note, I wonder how they’re going to handle the Arcane Sanctuary and its Escherian stairways in a 3D environment.

Duh, do it in 4D.

I think I may have to buy myself a PC to run this…
Doubt they’ll ever do the work to make it run on macOS.

Assuming you still have an Intel Mac, you shouldn’t need to buy a whole PC. Just get Windows and use Bootcamp to run it on your Mac.

That is, assuming the hardware of your Mac meets the specs. But, if not, even a Mac port wouldn’t help.