Did you all change all of your clocks in the MMP?

We don’t mess around with clock changing out this way so I always get tricked when my stoopid alarm clock auto changes.

Despite me telling my tablet to NOT change the clock, the updates tell it to change the time and our tech toys always pay more attention to the updates than the users.

My phone didn’t change but Hubs’ did. His car also changed the clock and mine (which is newer) didn’t.

I guess this is better than when we actually lived through the twice yearly time changes. Back then we would randomly wander around and change all of the clocks as we saw them which once resulted in an alarm clock being three hours off.

From the last MMP, hubs has just realized that he is going to be a Raven target for years to come because they recognize faces and tell their friends about the meanie. I have no guilt or shame.

Self-changing: two computers, one tablet, two phones, one cable box, DH’s watch, four self-setting clocks (two of which decided to change an hour or so later than everything else, leading me to think for that hour they hadn’t gotten the necessary radio signal)

Manual change: two alarm clocks, one bathroom clock (still gotta find a bathroom clock with a face I can deal with without my glasses on that doesn’t tick loudly enough to bug DH), my watch, the stove, the car

Cue my semi-annual “standard, daylight, split the difference, pick something else altogether, I don’t care, just pick something and STICK WITH IT!!!” rant. Personally, I’d favor “split the difference”, but I’d take anything that eliminates the PITA of changing clocks.

You might want to make sure your tablet and your DH’s phone are set for the correct time zone. My Win11 laptop does show an option for Arizona among time zones and a toggle to set automatically. My Android 12 phone has a toggle to tell it not to use the time zone your network provides, and one to set time zone based on your location.

Your tablet/PC and phone have settings that tell it where you live and it will then set the time to whatever the local time actually is. So, if you live in Phoenix, AZ, USA then no time change.

If you make sure you have those location settings set properly those devices should always know the correct time without you needing to futz with them.

Heck, your cell phone will know the time just by pinging the local tower. This is why you don’t change the time on your phone when you travel. The network it connects to always gives it the proper local time.

Supposedly!

We know how to do such things. The updates seem to be the problem…plus the part that we don’t live in any known part of Arizona so the location settings tend to freak out when we use it.

And…yeah…when I went to California last year, my tablet forgot what time it was.

I’d say it was just my magnetic personality, but I think that being in a “dead” zone is probably the issue.

Thank goodness for a stoopid stove, it didn’t change which is how I figured out that I had overslept.

G’morning everyone. 60F here and the weather boffins claim rain today. I’m not holding my breath.

Clocks changed, except I forgot the cars yesterday. I’ll get those as I use them.

Home from 800 miles of visiting/assisting aging relatives last week. It’s one of those love/hate things, where I really want to see them, but tire quickly of overheated rooms, constant talk, and loud TVs. It’s also a reminder of how lucky I am to be an introvert. Aging is likely to be pure hell for extroverted folk. Spending days alone is a vacation for me, but some are truly miserable by themselves. These are probably the type of people who actually enjoy(ed) office work.

Yesterday I finished installing a new security camera - it’s predecessor overheated and failed a few weeks ago. Also pulled a big pork butt from the freezer in prep for [Jim Carrey voice] Smokin’ !![/jcv] Now that the time is changed, it’ll be easier to arise at 3am to crank up the smoker and do my magic.

@JaneDoe42 Are you on/near the res? It seems that might be confusing some electronics, since the Navajo don’t follow the state’s policy on time changes. (At least that’s what I remember from when I lived there.) I agree with you on picking a time a sticking with it. I’m tired of candy companies deciding our sleep schedules.

Hope everyone has a good week!

First, from last MMP:

What’s to explain? You’re tired of jazz groupies hanging out on your front stoop, leaving their detritus on your front lawn, interrupting your peace with their fawning… :wink:

I had to change 7 clocks upstairs manually. The one in the guest bedroom is now correct (as I didn’t change it in March…) I still need to do the clocks in the basement and in my car - I think that’s all of them. Aren’t we supposed to stop this nonsense next year?

It got into the low 80s yesterday, and we’ll get close to that today ahead of a cold front. I’m going to take advantage and clean our windows. I don’t remember the last time I did, but the front storm door is laden with cobwebs and bits of leaves, so it’s been a while. I’ll need a bucket and rag for cleaning the frames and a big roll of paper towels and the generic windex for the actual panes. It’s gonna take a little while.

FCD is going to do the trash/recycling, and he’s taking his mom to the senior center then out to lunch, just to give her a break. Apparently, the other night, FIL threatened her with physical violence - that is so NOT him. And still she refuses any sort of help. She has it in her mind that if someone else sees how he is, they’ll ship him off to a nursing home. I’m pretty sure no one has that authority, especially since he’s not sitting around in his own filth, starving, and all that. But she’s starting to show shades of dementia herself. I fear it’s about to get ugly.

On the plus side, I texted with my daughter - Roxy didn’t seem to show extreme effect from the over-sugaring and caffeination yesterday. FCD just didn’t think about the caffeine, since the stuff barely affect him (so he says.)

Thus beginneth my day. When FCD gets up, I’ll gather the household trash for him and help load the truck. Then I’ll start on the windows. Front of the house first, since the back faces east. We’ve got double-hung windows that flip in for cleaning, which means when I do the bedrooms, I need to shut the door so Taz can’t sneak in and try to escape. I expect it’ll be a tiring day.

Happy Moanday!!

Oooh! Thanks for reminding me [checks clock]. It’s OK though, I still have an hour before the truck gets here. There are some advantages to the time change I guess.

Almost forgot: Eldest pullinkid called yesterday to tell of an exciting flight. The plane lost cabin pressure and had to scamper downward and to a near(er) airport. Oxygen masks and everything – just like the movies! Didn’t make the news or anything.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’ YAWN ‘Tis 67 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 84 and mostly N.O.S. This will be a day of high sloth. There’s nowhere we need or want to be and nuttin’ we just have to do. I like days like this. I would make a good hermit I believe. Even sup shall be leftovers from Sattidy. Have I mentioned lately how much I like bein’ a retired drain on society?

I changed the seven clocks that needed to be on Sattidy before bedtime. We changed the clocks in both vehicles yestiddy. Everything else did it’s own thang automagically.

Oopsie glad you made the decision that is right for you. Who knows, down the road you might change your mind, and that is fine. As you said you can still enjoy jazz clubs, concerts, and festivals. Maybe even an occasional guest appearance at someone else’s show if you feel like doin’ so.

Yanker I do so enjoy smokin’ < snerk > BUTT! < snerk > Makes me feel like Satan. Glad you made it back safe and sound from eldercare. Eldest pullinkid had an adventure I could do without. Glad everyone on the plane is safe and sound.

MOOOOOOM glad RoxStar was not too wound up after the caffeine/sugarfest. That’s what grandpas are for, however.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Good Monday, everyone.

I haven’t changed any of the clocks, other than the alarm clock in our bedroom. The stove, and the microwave, are still blinking, and the two in the living room are still off by an hour. My daughter changed the one in the Jeep, so, it’s good to go. The desktops, laptops, tablet, and phones, change themselves. Win-win! Just that much less we don’t have to mess with.

It’s supposed to be 62F, and sunny, today. Right now, it’s 44F. Not bad! I can live with it. Wasn’t that lunar eclipse this morning? Doesn’t matter. I missed it. I’m sure there will be pictures bloating the internet.

I’m trying to decide what to make for dinner. Nothing sounds good. I detest when that happens. Usually, I’ll crave something. That makes it easy.

I suppose I should finish my coffee, and then go search the freezers for something to pique my fancy, get it thawed, and have something on the agenda for dinner.
Always something.

Have a great day, folks.

Yes, and that extra hour was a true blessing because I had a very big weekend out. After working/commuting for 250 hours in 5 days, I decided to go out after work on Friday, and that turned into 6 hours and half a dozen gin&tonics. A normal person would have called it a weekend as far as partying goes, but I had to see a band Saturday night because the husband of one of my buds at work is the singer in that particular band. So, by the time I got home Saturday night, I immediately switched all the clocks before I even began to get ready for bed because I do my laundry early on Sunday morning.

Even with the extra hour, I was pretty trashed and even fell asleep for awhile during the Bears game! If I had lost an hour instead of gaining an hour, I would have been truly wretched! LOL

If I’d heard about the eclipse, I didn’t remember it, but it was cloudy and/or raining most of the night, so I wouldn’t have seen anything worthwhile anyway.

I’m not great at math, but something doesn’t seem to quite be adding up here. Was there a typo in there?

Good morning everyone.

It’s currently 37 degrees and raining. Highs will top out around 42 degrees and it’ll off and on all day today. Typical November weather.

I only have to change the microwave and stove clocks, everything else is automatic. I take that back. I also have to reset my Garmin band, for some reason it didn’t switch over, but maybe when I sync the connection to my phone again it’ll change.

misnomer, you need to do what feels right for you. If you’re faking enthusiasm, then it’s time to take a step back.

It’s back to work for me. I need to come up with an hour-long presentation on goals for my area of work. I don’t have an hour’s worth of goals and frankly, the state director isn’t going to like some of them. She’ll shut me down on them too, as she is wont to do with any number of things I plan for; even simple things like turning a big cube area into the supply and admin file area. I have a reason for doing that and told her why, but nope, she had already decided. I also need to have the whole office cleaned and arranged by the end of December. She claims the program areas are going to do their part. No, they’re not, they throw stuff in empty cubes and it’s going to be up to me to clean them up.
She is turning more and more into a control freak, and I’m less and less happy. I need to have the presentation done by tomorrow evening so I can present it at our executive leadership team meeting on Wednesday to the rest of the team and the new Deputy Director. I found out about this on Thursday, just before I signed off work for the weekend.

FCM, glad Roxy wasn’t completely spun up on caffeine and sugar.

Well, onward with the day. Normally I’d commute to the office on Monday, but today I’m working from home since I have to commute on Wednesday.

I hope you all have a terrific day.

Nope, I just can’t add. LOL

Actually, it’s 42 1/2 hours of work a week and an hour and half round trip commuting every day which is, of course, 220 hours and not 250. I’d like to get paid for 250, though. :smiling_imp:

I was wrong.
I’m wrong a lot.
Anyway, yeah. The lunar eclipse is Tuesday morning, apparently.
Here are the tidbits about time/location/etc.

5:17 a.m. EST

The real show begins at totality, when the entire moon enters Earths’ umbra. On Nov. 8, this will occur at 5:17 a.m. EST (1017 GMT) and will last about 85 minutes, ending at 6:42 a.m. EST (1142 GMT), according to NASA.

The second total lunar eclipse of 2022 is visible from Asia, Australia, North America, parts of northern and eastern Europe, and most of South America.

Mornin, all. Up and in the shop, going to finish a project this week, so that’ll be nice. Gotta spend a day at the high school helping them build their play this week.

Stay safe, y’all.

Did I change the clocks? Yes. Four times. So far.

Friday night during the wind storm, the power went out for a couple of minutes. I got up to urinate in the wee hours (that’s why they call it the ‘wee’ hours) and reset Mr. Coffee’s time and brew time on the way back to bed. In the morning I reset the stove clock and the microwave oven clock.

Sunday was the change back to Real Time, so I had to set Mr. Coffee’s clock, Mr. Coffee’s delay clock, the stove clock, and the microwave oven clock.

About 11:15 Sunday morning, there was a ‘pop’ as I was in the catio getting an armful of wood. When I came inside, the power was off. I assume a squirrel had electrocuted itself and tripped a cutoff. Since Xfinity has a battery on their pole-top box, we had cable and Internet until just after two. I put in our The Great Waldo Pepper DVD and we started watching the movie when Xfinity’s box ran out of juice. A PSE truck drove up the street, followed closely by an Xfinity truck that stopped out front. Xfinity puts gasoline generators on top of their boxes when they run out of power. They hadn’t quite finished when PSE restored the power. I had to set Mr. Coffee’s clock, Mr. Coffee’s delay clock, the stove clock, and the microwave oven clock.

Not long after I went to bed last night, I heard my phone sound a new message alert. I went back to sleep, but when I got up in the wee hours I saw the stove clock flashing. I had to set Mr. Coffee’s clock, Mr. Coffee’s delay clock, the stove clock, and the microwave oven clock.

So, yeah. I set the clocks, all right.

Morning all. See how much energy I have today after all the soccer refereeing this past weekend, at least soccer is done so I’ll have to find something else to keep me busy. Laundry is definitely one of those things, I have planned loads for 2sday and Hump day. Shopping-n-sammich-n-sauna-swimmin’ should do enough today. Had a little rain this morning but expected to warm up to the mid-70’sF by this afternoon (already 68F outside).

ace, thanks for the information, but 5:17am? Think I’ll wait until they have one at a civilized hour, like 2:30pm or so… :wink: :wink:

Jasmine, I think the concern was when you said:

Unless you’ve got a hold of Dr. Who’s Tardis, that’s pretty hard to do… :grinning: Anyhow, you had a mighty large workload and the gin&tonics were well-earned.

yanker, nothing in the news but I’d have to think the word will get out, there being passengers and the internet and all. Glad it worked out well. And sounds like we’d get along–I may coach soccer and stuff but am basically an introvert, perferring my time than spending it in groups.

Changed my watches, alarm clock, and kitchen stuff along with the car clock, everything else seems to have moved on it’s own accord. Haven’t check my phone yet, suspect it will have moved.

OK, need to put my shopping list together and prepare to get things done…or not. Take care all.

FCM, I’m sure I don’t worry as much as you do, but I am wondering how long his parents can keep going before they will need a nursing home. Take care.

I usually run around the night before DST ends changing kitchen clocks & my own analog clock next to the bed. Everything else more or less updates itself, except for the car, which just involves hitting a couple of buttons.

I finally got my teeth cleaned this morning, bright & early. I’d had to reschedule from last Tuesday when I first felt sick. I was a little surprised they insisted I get in sooner rather than later, but oh well. My voice is still iffy. What’s weird is even though the doc confirmed that I have strep, I wonder if I’ve got one of the new covid variants as well? I tested negative several times, but my sense of taste and smell just kind of went away Thursday and never came back. I’m not congested at all, though. The body certainly is a weird, wondrous thing.

Anyway, will try to work today, emphasis on the word try. Not because I’m not feeling well but because my laptop seems to have pooped itself. Poor, poor laptop.

One digital clock, one car clock, the ovens (one range and one microwave). Everything else changes automatically including, surprising me this morning, my dashcam.

Update: I just ate a Reese’s peanut butter cup and it only tasted like bananas. No chocolate, no peanut butter - nuttin’ but bananas. Something has got to be up.