Digital artist's sketch and line art layers in sequences

This game is about real digital artists in general and not you or a specific artist, every digital artist have preferences on making sketches and line art before coloring and shading, this game is about real general digital artists and not specific digital artists or you of how their sketch and line art layers in their software are assembled, put the sketch and line art layers in sequences like this: 1. Gesture sketch → 2. Rough sketch 3. → Clean sketch → 4. Line art or Traditional clean sketch → Scan → Digital ink , remember this is about real digital artists in general, not about specific artists or you, Let’s start this, shall we?

Yes, let’s start this.

1. rough sketch 1 → 2. rough sketch 2 → 3. refined sketch 1 → 4. refined sketch 2 → 5. line art

Do I need crayons?

No, this game is related to digital/tradigital art.

tbh, the gameness eludes me.

Art is life. Not a game.

Altho’ there’s a game of Life.
Primary colors are involved.

Therefore I need my crayons.
:blush:

Of course art is life, this is a simulation game.

1. Sketch
  2. Waste basket
  3. Sketch 2
  4. Waste basket 2
  5. Sketch 3
  6. Waste basket 3
  7. Give up art

don’t you mean garbage/trash, We don’t say ‘‘Waste Basket’’ here in America unless you want to say ‘‘Rubbish Bin’’.

I say waste basket. A lot. Usually to mean a small office waste basket where papers get tossed. I’m an American.

Oh yeah, I know, lol.

I normally don’t say it either but I have waste basket taxa on my mind.

Remember, this is a simulation game, not about your real art process.

:wastebasket:

There you go.
Digitally manufactured a waste basket.
Boy, that was unsatisfying.

I don’t get how this is a game. How do you win?

Well, I could start, let’s see if I understood it (disclaimer: I sure did not). So I start by switching on my drawing computer, start Clip Studio Paint. I will not sharpen my stylus this time, already ruined a couple. Select new canvas, size A4, resolution 600 dpi (too much, I know, but I like it sharp. And what else did I buy all that RAM for? Actually I should try A3, even if my printer is only A4*). Start sketching, choose a pale blue that does not hurt your eyes, will be easier to make the line art on top (make new layer now! Call it “Ink”) later.
Hm, I don’t like the look of those lines. Let’s see, where are the tool settings? Ah, there, how nice. Let’s play with the pen for a while: A bit more tapering at the end? Change the pressure sensitivity, make it less linear? Or rather more? No, that is too much tapering. Should I make line correction pressure sensitive or speed sensitive? Make the anti-aliasing sharper! But now it looks too hard when used in a raster layer, must remember to use that new setting in vector layers only. Best to make that clear when naming the new pen so I won’t forget. Oh, there is already one by that name? I must have done this before. OK, same name, 01 at the end. 02? Nope, assigned already. 03? Ah, there you go. I better remove that tapering at the end, make it stop sharp. Round ending? Square? Squarish? Nah, round. Now it looks like a new felt-tip.
Time for tea. What was I doing anyway? And a chocolate cake would be nice. Looks like a lovely winter day, better put the thick boots on.
Weird, I have the impression I forgot something. Did I save the settings?

*Can anyone recommend a good A3 color printer? I print very seldom, but then rather a lot, I guess laser would be better, ink-jets tend to clog when you don’t use them, don’t they. On the other hand, ink-jet can look much better, particularly the gradients, and sometimes they have special inks, like transparet, real metallic, fluorescent… Lasers can’t do that. Hm…

Now how is this a game? Did I win already?

You win, but this is actually a simulation game.

What I wrote was all simulated, even though I still don’t get it.

:trophy:

Here’s your trophy.