Do you enjoy being home?

A corollary to this thread -
How locally do you live? Where do you bike/walk?

My question is simple - Do you like being home?

Yes. There’s nothing better for me than being able to go home and be in my own world after a long day at work. My general rule is if you want me to join you in social activity after work, you had better grab me before I go home. Cuz once I walk through my front door, there’s a 99.9% probability that I will turn down any invitation.

It’s great to have someplace to come home to, but I would rather be out on the road and exploring new places.

Home is my happy place. It’s where I go when I need to go to my happy place.

My Home is my Kingdome and My Prison.

I prefer being home most of the time. I love sitting out on the deck in the evening. Cooking late at night. Usually we won’t leave after 7:30pm. It’s a habit we developed over the years.

Once in awhile we’ll travel somewhere and I’ll enjoy the novelty of hotel rooms. We try to stop at bed and breakfast places. They are always very pretty and lots of fun.

I appreciate my home even more after getting back.

I’m very much at home at home. When I travel abroad, I love being away and never miss being at home, but I pace myself, and when its time to go home, its time to go home.

All of this is in for a big upheaval next month, when I will transition from my contented solitary life, to one shared with a loved companion. Ive committed to that and I will make it work. So all will still be good.

I’m a real homebody. If I’m away from home too long, I miss it.

Love my home. I enjoy exploring during the day (especially the morning), but any trip that doesn’t see me in my own bed that night is An Ordeal.

I like being home.
I’ve got my computers, my TV, my books, my model railway :cool: , my bed, my fridge and my microwave.
Everything is where I want it to be and the public need permission to enter.

I’m convinced that I have a genetic predisposition to being at home. I traced my family tree back to the 15th century and they all lived within walking distance of my current home.

I often experience the ‘wouldn’t it be nice to live here’ feeling when I visit other places on holiday or business, but it’s always followed by little pang of homesickness.

There’s no place I’d rather be.

I love being home. I can go days and days without going anyplace but out to the mailbox. If I go anywhere and stay overnight, I’m up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) on my departure day to get back home.

Yes. And I’m not surprised to see that a bunch of internet message board regulars agree with me. :wink:

I’m essentially a home body so yes, I love being at home. Trouble is, there are some places in the world that I could easily make my new home. I have no qualms of packing, moving and settling in a new place given sufficiently good cause. I have done so multiple times in my life and am feeling that urge to do so again, soon.

Yes. I spent no small amount of money on making myself comfortable at home. It is my peaceful place.

When I go out of town on vacation, I can do about for days max. The I get really anxious to get home.

Also, home is where my critters are. Favorite part of my day is coming home to my critters.

I love being home. It’s where I keep all my stuff.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah. When I close the door behind me, the rest of the world is outside and it’s just me and SWMBO.

And the cat.

I’m a homebody to the extent that vacations which keep me away longer than 4 or 5 days make me a bit uneasy.

Not really. I love my neighborhood but the exact house I am physically in I hate.