Do you ever want to say f**k this shit and give it all up?

Well do you? I find it all a bit of a bore. I don’t mean to be melodramatic but it is all a bit of a slog really isn’t it? How do you guys get up in the morning?

All the time.

Alarm clock.

I do often, sometimes I don’t get out of bed until afternoon. Fuck it what’s the point?

You have to find the little things that keep you going. Like my 2.5-year-old’s squeal when she notices me after not seeing me for a while. The feeling when you’re short a stock and it drops 25% (or reverse the situation). When you code something complex and it works the first time. When you come out of your home office after a session of head-down coding and step outside, and it’s sunny and 70 degrees. If you manage to find something like that every day, it’s much less of a slog.

Antidepressant.

YMMV, and I would hope that it does.

I used to be able to walk 2 blocks and be in Golden Gate Park - there was usually some item of physical beauty or charm.
As a last resort, the kids on the carousel were always good for a smile.

As a keeper: for those who have been in the park: do you know what makes those holes with dirt around them? Hint: the mounds of dirt are just filled-in holes.
I have a pic.
Eat your hearts out.

Nope. Buffalo wings for dinner tonight. Can’t miss that.

i was just wondering if you mean life in general, or the rat race in particular. There is too much wonder left in this world that I need to get to see, I would never give up on life. The rat-race? I would love to. My military pension and disability payments would barely put me above the poverty line, but I bet I can find a trailer park somewhere where I could live comfortably and never have to work a day in my life, but then I would never get to see all the places that I still need to see.

Seven times before breakfast, in reference to the rat race.

I have felt that way, but it got boring too.

it’s hump day.

I’m doing right now. :cool:

And when I can I wake up to sex so that I can literally say fuck it.:smiley:

God yes, the little things. Not being a Suzy Sunshine by nature, I have to create or find nuggets of incentive to start over each day. Sometimes its just a new shampoo … yes, Im shallow …

Yeah sometimes. Then I have my morning coffee and manage to get through it.

My grandma had terrible wanderlust, and I think it skipped a generation because I have it bad. Frankly, life is pretty boring when you’re doing it “right.” Working a job, making cash, paying your bills. Not everyone can lead a glamorous life, there just isn’t enough room/attention in the market.

I feel that way, too, but the alternative to all of this is even worse.

Oh yeah. Almost have a few times.

Umm, the heartfelt knowledge that I am not now nor will I ever be a little princess? WTH? :rolleyes:

Basically I have to get up because the dogs have to go out. Then I have to feed the horses, feed the dogs, and by that time the momentum has me rolling. I go to work, come home, feed horses, feed dogs, feed myself. A couple hours of down-time reading or watching TV and it’s time for bed, to wake up and do it all again. It’s the keeping moving that denies the inertia that wants to creep in.

StG

Not to everyone.

Guilt keeps me alive and racing the rats. I’m not the best dad in the world, but I’m the only one my kids have. Whether they actually need ME or not, they need my income for the next few years till they are able to make their own way in the world. Not sure what will get me out of bed in 2019. I am seriously hoping for the massive heart attack to release me from the stress & screwed up brains–the wife & kids will do well on the life insurance.

A sense of duty. All the little things that need doing. And need doing well.. If I really would start asking myself why all those little things need doing, I suppose some cartoon like trap door would open beneath me and I would fall down with a very cartoonlike whoosh-shound.

So I don’t really ask why the little things need doing and need to be done well. I don’t trust that trap door. All I dare to ask, is that sometimes someone else does it all, and does it well.

I deal with it by working nights. That way I can sleep as late as I want, and by the time I have to go to work I’m bored at home.

Oh, and no traffic to worry about at off-hours.