Do you know somebody who really resembles a TV character?

Not a TV character, but if my wife wears her glasses, Sarah Palin (ugh) strongly resembles her.

There was a guy who worked in the cafeteria when I was in college. No one knew his name, so we just called him “Lurch”. He was blonde, and a bit paunchier than Ted Cassidy, but there was a definite resemblance, and not just his height.

A friend in college had just gotten out of the Navy. He let his hair and beard grow as long as possible. His preferred clothing was gray sweats. We occasionally referred to him as “the jogging Jesus”.

I was in high school when the Cars had songs on the charts. A friend of mine was a dead ringer for Rick Ocasek.

In the days when the Christopher Reeve Superman movies were on TV a lot, people occasionally told me I looked like Clark Kent. Once, at The Rocky Horror Picture Show, I was told I looked like Brad Majors. (I kept my clothes on.)

Used to work with a woman who looked just like Charlotte from Sex and the City (Kristin Davis). Had a similar personality too. Just a beautiful woman and super nice.

Another unexpected on I just remembered: Way back in the 1960’s, when the world and I and lots of other people were much younger, that single record came out of Jimmy Dean singing Big Bad John, with a pic of Dean on the jacket. It struck me that he resembled my big brother! (Which is totally completely unrecognizably different than me or my other big brother.)

In college, a guy in my study group looked a lot like Beaker from The Muppet Show. I never mentioned it to him so I don’t know if it was just me or others had noticed it as well.

I was that somebody. From ages 14 through 25 I strongly resembled actor Don Grady (Robbie Douglas, My Three Sons). Even I could see it.

My FIL acts just like Archie Bunker. Flag-waving veteran (Vietnam, not WWII), narrow-minded, bigoted, hates liberals and feminists and non-Christians, thinks he’s The Decider of the family, only has daughters. With the rise of Trump he’s become almost insufferable.

I have a student that looks exactly like Leonardo DiCaprio in his Titanic days. Literally, the two could be twins. But he does not sound or act like Leo.

First time I saw George Raft in a movie, ny mom had a hard time convincing me iy was not mu uncle.

I have a co-worker who looks like a young Al Capone. Plus he’s extremely proud of his Italian heritage and claims a big love for Chicago. I’m dying to tell him that he looks just like the AC magnet on my refrigerator but he doesn’t have a sense of humor about himself and might cry.

I just remembered: I watched the show Lilyhammer just because I couldn’t get over how much Little Steven looked like my ex-husband.

A couple of decades ago, a magazine came out with a picture of Liam Neeson on the cover that was a dead ringer for a coworker/friend! Depending on his expression, sometimes you can still see the resemblance in my friend.

I have a friend who looks very similar to Jason Alexander. Luckily, he’s nothing like him.

My next door neighbor doesn’t look like the actor, but he’s definitely an energy vampire.

A guy I work with at the city looks like Colin Robinson (from “What We Do In the Shadows”) - bald, glasses, always with the same sort of smile. His voice is VERY similar. Always telling weird jokes. To me he’s a dead ringer for the character but it’s incredibly hard to explain to others what the hell I’m talking about because nobody else watches the show. And if I start describing it, it’s not very flattering.

A former coworker looked exactly like a young Candice Bergen. Everybody was always pointing it out to her.

Had a dentist who looked like Joe Namath I met a guy once who looked a lot like Sting

One of my grandmothers sounded exactly like Edith Bunker.

I’m going to need directions to your library. :stuck_out_tongue:

When we were posted to Lisbon, my wife was the finance officer. I walked down to her office on her first day there and walked in to see young Demi Moore sitting at the reception desk. Dead ringer, voice and all.

I always described my mom as Edith Bunker when she was happy and Granny Clampett* when she was angry.
(*Note to nitpickers: I’m fully aware Granny’s last name was not Clampett, but Moses. But nobody else in the world beside you and I know that.)

Used to work with a guy who sort of looked like Seinfeld. Or anyway he’d speak of people who actually mistook him for Seinfeld, though I don’t think I’d have actually confused the two. But he wasn’t a BS type guy generally so it seems some people thought they really looked alike.