Do you put strawberries in your cereal as commercials would have us believe people do?

Quite often - whenever we have fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, etc. in the fridge, they are likely to end up on my cereal. Raisins? Only on my oatmeal.

And that’s the secret to that Flanders body you be rockin’.

I haven’t eaten cereal in years, but if I wanted to be fancy and put fruit in cereal, it would be bananas.

I slice strawberries onto cereal often.

I eat a lot of cereal. Mostly Fiber One these days. But as a kid, up until my 20s, I ate cereal nearly every day for breakfast. I’ve not once sliced strawberries into my cereal. Bananas, yes. Strawberries, never.

Texture, I assume. Bananas work fine with, say, Rice Crispies or Cheerios the way that (say) apples wouldn’t. I don’t eat much cereal but thats my guess.

And when I do occasionally eat cold cereal, yeah, no prob with fruit–berries especially.

you can use blue berries, black berries or raspberries because they are small and light. it is pretty much a fair fight of who gets to float. straw berries sliced or not are just huge and heavy, holding down the masses of cereal.

My standard cereal is Cheerios. I love it with sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries, dried blueberries, raspberries, dried tart cherries, banana and any combination of the above.

I also like to mix a müsli made of rolled oats (and sometimes other grains), a few banana chips, raisins and other dried fruits, almonds with Greek yogurt. Sometimes, I’ll add a sliced banana or chopped apple. Yum.

Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, nectarines, raisins, almonds: it’s all good.

This, and, I once bought a strawberry slicer in a cooking store. I wasn’t even aware such a thing existed. It seemed like the most ridiculous thing, but it actually works like a charm. I’d eat cereal strawberries now if they weren’t so damned expensive.

Another vote for Cheerios and sliced strawberries at least 3 times a week. (Sam’s Club has fresh strawberries year round, yes I know, I hate Wal-Mart also, but I love strawberries.)

Most likely blueberries or sliced banana.

I’ve never done it, but not out of any aversion to the idea. I just don’t tend to have a lot of fresh fruit around. Sliced bananas in corn flakes is an old standby though, and one of the cereals I normally eat has dried strawberry slices in it, so I’m sure fresh strawberries would taste just fine.

Long ago, I came up with a theory that cereal was just some clever scheme devised by moms and food companies to get kids to drink more milk. Adding sliced fruit just adds to the cleverness.

The idea never comes up, but even if I had a vague hankering to do so, I wouldn’t, as when I was little my mom would put strawberries and/or blueberries in my cereal – frozen, and only the outsides would unfreeze, sometimes giving me an unpleasant frozen surprise in the middle when I bite in. I don’t know if I ever complained about it or not.

I’ve never tried it, and I don’t really have the desire to. What I like about cereal is the crunch, and the berries would interfere.

Berries in yogurt is a common snack for me, though, when berries are in season.

I had blueberries on my cereal this morning.

Had blueberries in my cereal this morning. Haven’t had strawberries in cereal in a while, but I put strawberries in a crêpe this past weekend.

Ha! I’m reading this as I eat my daily morning bowl of Kashi GoLean (the twigs version, not the crunch) and almond milk. And when I get done I usually eat a snack of yogurt and berries.

Every. Day. You don’t think there’s some super secret additive and we are addicted to you? Did you get the Tomacco version? Because I got the Tomacco version. :slight_smile:

When I’m at college I eat cereal with freeze-dried strawberries whenever it’s available.

Yeah, sure, if I’m eating cereal that day and there’s strawberries at the table, I’d probably slice some and put them in the bowl.

I used to put sliced strawberries on my cereal when I was a kid, if I was eating a bland cereal. And/or sliced banana.

Bananas sometimes, but have never put in strawberries.

The next question is if people smile and say “Mmmmm” with every bite as commercials would have us believe people do.